Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

you don't like alonso, do you?

Relax nobody actually likes Alonso.
    P.S. i was gutted Hamilton won the G.P. i dislike that chap alot for some odd reason...

The tremendous stench of smugness that emanates from his peanut shaped head perhaps?
    You watched for more carnage?

you're right... it would...

*swayed*

Yaahayyyy!!!! Mohawk sounds awesome! :) Dye it pink or purple....that will girly it up...then manfriend will have nothing to whinge about :D

Two months sober? Did you get into that trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Moonbaby wrote: »

i can show you message boards where the opposite is true.

but how can you not like hamilton?!
    Yaahayyyy!!!! Mohawk sounds awesome! :) Dye it pink or purple....that will girly it up...then manfriend will have nothing to whinge about :D

**** pink! purple perhaps, but hmmm... im not sure... i'd been thinking of green or blue. not red, cos boring, but hmmm... and manfriend always finds something to whinge about ;)
    Two months sober? Did you get into that trial?

nah, turns out i ****ed up my joint, in physio for it now, but the NOFX gig is costing just over $200 in flights, gig ticket and accommodation. so can't afford to drink in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

drunk is awesome! and oh man, woke up with this song stuck in my head.... it's gonna be a loooooooooong two months....
    Yeah it IS awesome!:D but look after the 2 months it'll be back to normal but the end result of those 2 months is SOOOOOO gonna be worth it!!
    This is true:pac:

The tremendous stench of smugness that emanates from his peanut shaped head perhaps?
    You watched for more carnage?
    Both of those reasons aye!:) i was actually hoping Button or Kovalalainen (3rd is good tho) would do better:(
    Dye it pink...that will girly it up...
    Pink looks really really good dyed into hair, i can only imagine how sweet a pink mohawk would look!! i've seen luminous green and a yellow one before hehe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have you tasted it? Not a fan of cauliflower but this looks... interesting.

Haven't tried it, looking up things to eat, and this seems nerdy enough to try!

Just back from my godfathers removal, he was a great man, saw him in the front page of papers on the way home. It's horrible, and his poor family...
    Anyway, we decided food would solve all. Made french toast with my bro, covered in syrup and melted chocolate...so good....soo wrong.

• Advertisement

Haven't tried it, looking up things to eat, and this seems nerdy enough to try!

Just back from my godfathers removal, he was a great man, saw him in the front page of papers on the way home. It's horrible, and his poor family...
    Anyway, we decided food would solve all. Made french toast with my bro, covered in syrup and melted chocolate...so good....soo wrong.

So sorry to hear about the loss of such a great man Tar.
    (((HUGS))))

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Back to happier talk. :P
    Food, I'm eating a pizza now as well, not going to be able to think gonna be so stuffed. :pac:

i can show you message boards where the opposite is true.

but how can you not like hamilton?!

Ok nobody whos opinion is worth a damn likes Alonso. :pac:
    What f1 forums do you use?

My problem with Hamiliton is that he has bought his own hype, without earning his stripes.
    No f1 driver should be content to win a championship in the way he did.
    The point isnt to win at any cost, it is to know your the best.
    The rule britiania brigades blind adoration, also winds me up a little.

I wouldnt say I dislike him though, he just makes me sad.

Yeah it IS awesome!:D but look after the 2 months it'll be back to normal but the end result of those 2 months is SOOOOOO gonna be worth it!!

nah, wont quite be normal... gotta save up $2000 for my next tattoo, booked in for next feb, and i earn $250 a week... so yeah, totally scrimping and saving at the moment.
    Both of those reasons aye!:) i was actually hoping Button or Kovalalainen (3rd is good tho) would do better:(

not actually an f1 fan, but my fella is and im less anti-f1 now than i used to be. it tends to be a drunken thing for me, as the races are usually on at about 1am.
    Pink looks really really good dyed into hair, i can only imagine how sweet a pink mohawk would look!! i've seen luminous green and a yellow one before hehe

yeah, but im really realyl nto a pink person.
    Ok nobody whos opinion is worth a damn likes Alonso. :pac:
    What f1 forums do you use?

i dont, but my mate does, and he's always showing me different threads adn stuff when im over. heaps of spaniards on his one, apparently.

blah, in work now... i should be trying to find the dictaphone... but ye lot are more interesting/entertaining...

Ouh I forgot! I vote Royal Blue for the Mohawk....It is my current favorite hair colour :)

• Advertisement

bright blue or greeen, awwww yeahhh

im liking th ebright blue/green ideas...

we shall discuss this in moer detail at the end of sept...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Had my first taste of cous cous today... some tangy concoction it was, strange texture.. I'll take another stab at it tomorrow.

raah! wrote: »
    Had my first taste of cous cous today... some tangy concoction it was, strange texture.. I'll take another stab at it tomorrow.

Well they come in various tangy packets, but the plain stuff is different. It's just puffy and not sure what it tastes like really.
    Try quinoa too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh cous cous, yey! so easy to make. full of protein too. people usually add cumin powder to it, so that would have added to the taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Cous Cous is protein-ful?! Learn something new everyday! :D

Recently my life has become a veritable tornado of foods begining with "Q". I'm not sure that I'll be able to handle much more. I can't think of one non-veggie food starting with a Q. Just that lung thing quincy.. or throat, yes throat. Good night Vegetarians.

hohoaoh, see that?

Edit: wow, two posts since then, so really, me highlighting the tar like that was out of order. Good night everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

gnight all. sleep tight.

raah! wrote:
    Recently my life has become a veritable tornado of foods begining with "Q". I'm not sure that I'll be able to handle much more. I can't think of one non-veggie food starting with a Q. Just that lung thing quincy.. or throat, yes throat. Good night Vegetarians.

hohoaoh, see that?

Edit: wow, two posts since then, so really, me highlighting the tar like that was out of order. Good night everyone :)
    Quail.

And also highlighting me is necessary as I'm the best, you see.

and what I wouldn't give to find a soul mate...someone else to catch this drift.

• Advertisement

urgh. immortality. cool for those lil dudes, but really... **** that.

my superpower's gotta be invisibility.

or possibly cat like agility, just cos im such a ****ing clutz.

(bad combo with surfing adn skating and rock climbing, that one...)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

and what I wouldn't give to find a soul mate...someone else to catch this drift.
    So Moonbaby, does he qualify as one of us then? judging by that statement alone deserves some consideration:pac:
    urgh. immortality. cool for those lil dudes, but really... **** that.

my superpower's gotta be invisibility.

or possibly cat like agility, just cos im such a ****ing clutz.
    I'd choose invisibilty if omnipotence was not allowed, that way i could just go annoy people by moving stuff around when they aint looking:P That and doing alot of other wierd stuff i'd come up with on the spot lol.

oaarrf! I'm in horrible pain!. I think I drank too much tea today, I tried to eat some potatoes, and thus coat my inner stomach in potato, but it was no good! I'll not be sleeping tonight :(.

My superpower would always be flying. Nobody ever has invisible dreams... I think I may have had one once actually, but it was crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Hmmm, sleepy foods. Nothing too starchy...I recomends dairy or whiskey. Or if ethics/allergies/addiction/disgust disallows that; risotto. I defy anybody to not be sleepy after a big dirty feed of risotto

hurmf, perhaps a few slugs of cognac wouldn't go astray... it's overwhelmingly repulsive though, and brings up vomit memories all too quicky ;). I've never drank when I was completly alone either, perhaps I should try it out..

Hot whiskeys are purely medicinal as long as you put in some lemon and sugar, doesn't count as alcohol. Sure what else is such a comprehensive curative? Toothache, colds, sore throats, insomnia, muscle pain, lady pain etc etc

Though bear in mind I'm langered

:O! and in bold writing too! I thought you were off drinkskies for some weeks? because of something or other.

As far as comprehensive curatives go, there are many which are vastly superior in comprhensivity, though not in legality... sure that sentence makes sense, sure it does.

That got postponed coz of boots being feckers, some problem with the supplier :mad: and I'm a firm believer in whiskey over other...ahem...remedies. Though for sleeplessness and tummy aches I suppose it depends on your preference :P

You know a thing I once read on bebo too, that you can actually drink all you want when on antibiotics. And that the original motivation for doctors saying "don't drink" was because people would come with STIs and stuff, and then be prescribed antibiotics for them. So the doctors, in an attempt curb further drunken infectious activities, say "don't drink" , as they will be more inclined to get STIs when drunk.

Yup, have a good night anyway, I'm gonna head off to start preparing for the wretched cockadoodling I must put up with each morning.

• Advertisement

Goodluck nighty night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement