Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just in the door, was up busy from 7am. Thousands of people turned out for the funeral I was at, whole of Carrick practically shut down as we passed, with all the garda, clubs, societies, shops, houses, everybody in the town really...hundreds of children even... lining the streets before and after. Mass started at 12, went on for what 40 minutes...but we didn't get to leave the church for 2.5 hours, simply poeple turning up to shake hands with the family. The queue was endless. Testament to the man.
    Never seen garda at a funeral before, was very impressed by all of them.
    Anyway long day. Things can only get better right? :-p

In other news, I've never eaten so many vegetables in a day, they had so many people to feed at the hotel they wouldn't cook things for the guests apart from simple changes to the set meal, I just got a huge plate of carrots, broccoli, green beans, peas in pods, tomatoes(couldn't eat them!), roast potato and bolied potato. Luckily everything was cooked very well.Oh and veg soup. They did apologise, saying any other day would have been diff, adn thei veg menu looked lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Sorry about the whole funeral related business.

I've had the old "vegetable plate" many a time.. well, once, hah!. Chips and veg soup is another favourite of mine in like pubs with no vegetarian menu (also only had this once :) )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, I was like ahhhhhh crap, but they cooked it lovely, I actually wanted more broccoli and I had eaten half a plate of it haha. As for carrots, first time I have liked em apart from spring rolls or glazed in syrup. :D

Manly pat on the back for Tara.

It is such a nice thing when people represent.

I'm off to Enniskillen tomorrow....where am I gonna eat?

Ah yes, I think I recall some earlier carrot predjudices from you... It's nice to see you've changed your ways for the better :D

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »

Teh pub chips 'n' soup!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Condolences Tar.

Moonbaby - Tar gave you the name of that food place in the 'pictures and places' thread.

I don't think I've ever had so many unread new posts in this forum before. Off on page 2 there are more! I was online at lunchtime but it seems you boardsies were busy!

Manly pat on the back for Tara.

It is such a nice thing when people represent.

Thanks.

I replied about ti as miss rasmus told you! Pff :p
    raah! wrote: »
    Ah yes, I think I recall some earlier carrot predjudices from you... It's nice to see you've changed your ways for the better :D
    We will see, I probably can't cook them so as to like them!
    Condolences Tar.

Moonbaby - Tar gave you the name of that food place in the 'pictures and places' thread.

I don't think I've ever had so many unread new posts in this forum before. Off on page 2 there are more! I was online at lunchtimes but it seems you boardsies were busy!
    Thanks sweet-rasmus.

Yes it was very busy while I was away...

yeah, there's a whole page of today posts,that's pretty good going for any forum. It's up there with after hours even!

yeah, there's a whole page of today posts,that's pretty good going for any forum. It's up there with after hours even!

Not so long ago I'd be lucky to see a post every few days like!

It was more formal back then, have tried to make it a bit more communityish, with meetups, pics, chat etc. Plus it's better to have a forum like that!

• Advertisement

Thanks.

I replied about ti as miss rasmus told you! Pff :p

I got lost. :( It is not my fault.....it is the fault of the genius who attracted all the people creatures that have been infesting the place :P

woohoooo! So proud of the little V+V forum. It's just turning 4 years old from what I can estimate :) Come to think of it, I guess me and Tar have watched it ever since then. *sniff*

I got lost. :( It is not my fault.....it is the fault of the genius who attracted all the people creatures that have been infesting the place :P
    Yeah I blame the other mod too, all her fault!
    woohoooo! So proud of the little V+V forum. It's just turning 4 years old from what I can estimate :) Come to think of it, I guess me and Tar have watched it ever since then. *sniff*
    Ye long time watching it together... (",)
    I recall being asked to show you the ropes hehehe

I'm still learning! You do mod EIGHT forums :P

Teh pub chips 'n' soup!

UGh...I'll try tara's suggestion first thanks. :pac:

Yeah this little place was the whole reason I was attracted to boards in the firstplace. :)

I'm still learning! You do mod EIGHT forums :P

Don't forget teh subforums and adverts.ie, where I mod the sale and buying of books...and occasionally buy them myself. :p

You learn good, but I'm always right.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yes well done mods, this place was always good for recipes and resources and questions etc, but it's gotten really fun recently

*claps for mods*

Yeah this little place was the whole reason I was attracted to boards in the firstplace. :)
    Oh cool! I came on for a game. :p

Yay we got claps!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Woah, I can't believe how active this forum has been recently...its great!

Sorry I couldn't make the last meet up, wanted to go but I wasn't in Dublin at the weekend, I'm gutted I missed out on that chocolate cake, it looked delish!

Ah looks who is back, come for a drink this weekend perhaps? :P

• Advertisement

I'd love to but I'm off traveling for 5 weeks on Friday!

oooh have fun, hard to get people that live in dublin to be in dublin haha

Where are you off to?

Yeah I seen there wasn't much of a turn out for the last meet up, its really hard to get the courrage to meet other peopel from the internet!

I'm going to Latvia, Russia, Mongolia and China! I'm scared but exceited!

First time might be weird all right, meeting the net peoples. Maybe successful ones will make poeple more open to coming. Well done on braving it yourself. :)

Oooh enjoy that trip, sounds great. I'd have trouble with food!

Hopefully more people go to future events, its really nice having a community feel to the place where you know the people that post on here.

Thanks, yeah the food thing is going to be hard, so I've decided to go vegetarian, just to make it easier on myself, I've been vegetarian the past week or so, just to let my body get used to lactose again and I haven't ejoyed it as much as I thought I would, milk in tea is horrible, butter and margarine taste weird, I'm not touching eggs and cheese isn't as great as I remembered it to be, the only things I've enjoyed is being able to eat are King Crisps and Cadbury Chocolate. I'm definitly going back vegan when I return.

Yay community feel! Whenever I see like 11 people online at the same time here now, I think that there used to be about 11 posts a year, all arguments, so it is way better now!

Being veggie will make it lots easier on you, you don't seem to like the foods on their own, but at least when they are added as ingredients in something, it won't taste like that and you can eat it. Surprised somebody doesn't like eggs! They really hinder me being a vegan one day!

I hate hate hate eggs, I have to literally force myself to eat them :( but I can eat them in stuff if I have to

I've always checked this forum before any other forum on boards, and its great seeing posts done today instead of the last post being 3 or 4 days ago!

I do like eggs, but its just what they represent and the industry they represent that I don't like, it makes it hard to eat them.

Its true about the ingedients being mixed together, I can eat things like crossiants now...mmm!

I hate hate hate eggs, I have to literally force myself to eat them :( but I can eat them in stuff if I have to
    Really? Boiled, poached? fried? In french toast?
    :)
    biZrb wrote: »
    I've always checked this forum before any other forum on boards, and its great seeing posts done today instead of the last post being 3 or 4 days ago!

I do like eggs, but its just what they represent and the industry they represent that I don't like, it makes it hard to eat them.

Its true about the ingedients being mixed together, I can eat things like crossiants now...mmm!

maybe you should get your own hen, my friend has several living in his house and outside ahah. I think it's cool. :p

I too always check here first.

• Advertisement

Really? Boiled, poached? fried? In french toast?
    :)

Boiled chicken period, poached chicken period, fried chicken period :P na ta

Plus when I was little I can remember having boiled eggs that had been grabbed from under the hen's behind that morning, and on more than one occasion finding a little smear of blood in there (in the egg that is, not the hen's behind) :eek: I've never really been able to think of them as properly vegetarian, never mind vegan. My reasons for veganism are roughly 5% ethical, 75% for my health and 20% percent the ick factor. Eggs register mega high on the ick scale, and are pretty much ruled out on the ethics front as well. And afaik the health thing is debatable unless you only eat the whites and what's the point of that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement