Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

He'll just curl into a ball and cry in a corner, or spam loads about her...I wonder which:pac:

I like this, but it's a little emo...and this<<it's more the colour location I'm looking for, not the hairstyle...although yours is not that long anymore.

They are a good band, I got into them a while back and have to say, they do grow on ya. Oh I could never dye my hair any colour...I could never afford to keep dying it so it would be a waste...and I thought I said to you I would never do it before? maybe I did lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

hope you all had a great xmas

Absurdum wrote: »
    And you too! May the good times continue:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Absurdum wrote: »

:)

:)
    Did you have a good day too? Hope so!

• Advertisement

Did you have a good day too? Hope so!

Just a normal day really. Not celebrating it does suck a bit.

I've had my kitty sleeping in my arms all night. So cute!!!
    He woke up and left the room, tried to scare me a few times, then went into the bathroom (where we keep his litter tray). I then heard him meowing. I went to see if he was ok, and he seemed perfectly fine, so I let him be. He meowed again, this time louder. I went back... he seemed a bit scared, but nothing strange. I left him alone.

After a while it became obvious that he's scared of being in the bathroom in the dark! I can understand a human being (myself!) being scared of the dark, because there's all sorts of nasty things to worry about, like Samara/Sadako, the lady in the mirror putting a curse on you, and other assorted ghosts and scaries. But what are cats afraid of?

So I left the light on in the toilet. No more problems from Baileychan.... Until I heard scratching sounds, and then desperate meows. I went there, he seemed ok, looking at me from inside the bathtub. I let him be and came back into bed. More meowing... I found him desperately trying to get out of the bathtub (the front facing bit was taken off by dad when he was fixing something, so there isn't anything for Bailey to hold onto other than the slippery inside). I took him out, he seemed ok, and I went back into bed.

That would've been great, if it weren't for the way he kept getting into the bathtub again!!! And me here having to take him out.

Eventually, I got fed up of it and closed the bathroom's door. At that point he remembered why he went to the bathroom in the first place, and decided to wait till I was all cosy back in bed to tell me that he really needed to go toilet...

>_<

I love my kitty. I just wish he wasn't so cute.

Well once there was no drama then I count that as a good day :)

That's quite a good cat story you have there, they really know how to turn something mundane into something interesting! Strange having a kitty afraid of the dark in a way, but I guess it's better that the bath was not full of water ^_^

They are too cute for their own good...

The Cat Returns...and it's on now!! :D:D

So happy ^_^

I want one of those big gobstoppers!!! Haven't had one since I moved to Ireland.

They used to sell them here years ago, I've not seen one in ages...but I'll ask my nieces tomorrow if they know where to get them, and try pick one up for you if they are still around:D

That film is just so awesome! Can't get enough of it...so many cool cats!:)

• Advertisement

Aw thanks! I doubt you can get them anymore though. They seem so retro. I mean, very sugary sweets with loads of different (probably artificial) colours, and big enough that they could choke someone to death? I'd be surprised if some 'genius' hasn't banned them yet. But I used to love them! :) They got a bit boring once you could fit them in your mouth though. I was never one of those kids who only licked one side so that they'd eventually have half of it with all the exposed layers.

You're making me jealous! I wish I'd gone downstairs to watch it, or that when mum put a tv in my room (without my permission!!) I hadn't made her take it out. Ah well. At least you had a good time watching it :)

Yeah I'll see what I can do about that :)

The gobstopper thing...well it's no fun if there's no risk of choking:pac: I had to try eat the whole thing at once, even if it took hours or days...eventually I'd put it aside and try finish it the next day lol! Wouldnt surprise me if someone tried, but then again...we've alot of idiots in the country who wouldn't even think about that ;)

But you had, and still have your reasons for no TV in the room so I dont think that'll change now, esp if you are alone there. Has Bailey woken up yet? You must have moved him to get the laptop right?

Try finish it the next day?! My gobstoppers took many days to finish! I didn't lick them constantly though, so maybe that's why. There were too many sweets that I'd be neglecting, if I only paid attention to the gobstopper. I lost so many of those as well >_<

Meh, now I also miss sugus. I could get them very easily, but last time I checked they contained gelatine. :(

Nahh Bailey's still asleep but he's now sleeping on my feet. He was on my arms and later my belly before, but I already had the laptop on me.

I have condensed milk, single cream, sugar, vanilla and loads of butter. I'm considering making something out of that, to accompany the banana bread we're making today. But I already have dulce de leche, chocolate syrup and more lemon curd in the house so idk if it's worth it. Hmmm.. What would you do?

Well if you're making banana bread, you should have something that won't really take away from the flavour of the bread...maybe a sauce or spread of some type if you have a nice flavouring at home to complement the bread, like a vanilla pod or something?

I lost loads of those too, and the bad thing about going through them so fast is that your teeth end up in a bad way...and mine did when I was younger :( Those Sugus you mention look remarkably similar to Chewits...if you see some around then check for gelatine and get some if they are ok! They should suffice for now...

Good ol' Baileychan, being a good little kitty as always:)

I said accompany? Oh, I meant.. er... bah, I just wanna make something, even if it's not for the banana bread. Sure, the toffees I was considering making wouldn't go with the banana bread. But.. argh. I must make something.

Chewits aren't as nice. And don't they contain gelatine anyway? I'm not sure if they do because I don't really eat sweets anymore (coloured sugar freaks me out, unless it's something that I've grown up with. Unnaturally coloured food is not nice either).

We need pictures of a young MoN.

I'm currently making some mushroom soup for myself mmmm

Mushroom soup sounds REALLY nice!! Yeah you said accompany :P Toffees...nope! I'm sure you'll think of something to make, you always do:)

Well they used to be nice, when I wasnt veggie and liked alot of sweet stuff, these days I hardly touch sweet stuff other than chocolate (my downfall >.<) :pac:

Oh if you wanna see a young me? go to my facebook page...my sis just tagged me in a really old pic of when I was around 5yrs old ^_^

Yay I've soup! Thank God for dried mushrooms and previously-made vegetable stock ^_^

Couldn't find the pics you've mentioned meh.

Awesome stuff about the soup...very handy you kept some stock from the last batch! And it's a very underrated soup too, most would go for tomato or vegetable of the regular soups, but I love the flavour \o/

Oh the pic is just on my page...says I was tagged in L*** L* L***'s album, can't miss it...and there's only one :p

Nope, probably her privacy settings or something.

Tomato soup is seriously overrated. Tomatoes aren't very nice by themselves, considering the way they're all a bit sour and ugh they have that horrible (horrible!) disgusting jellylike stuff around the seeds, and their skins are so much effort to remove if you're gonna cook them, and like to ruin my lovely food when I'm lazy. Also I'm convinced that tinned tomatoes are made by the devil. They must be. Give me some passata any day, and/or some proper tomato purée, or maybe just some very good tomatoes on the vine (not those maaassive things that are more water than anything.. I like real food).

But good tomatoes, with all the middle stuff removed, and their skins intact are gorgeous in a simple salad :)

But yeah, tomato soup is overrated. Mushroom soup is yummy ^_^ I hated mushrooms for years but now I love them!

What's your favourite soup?

Ah ok then...sure I'll pm you the image instead :)

It IS a nice soup though, just that it's everywhere you look when looking for soup. Tomatoes are ok I guess...not my favourite fruit by a long shot and probably the most bitter fruit I've had yet, but will give them a chance when in a salad or something. Tinned tomatoes are like those you boil....just weird and squishy! I dunno what passata is, you'll need to tell me lol:p

Oh my fave soup is now mushroom, used to be tomato lol...and I'm not even a big fan of regular mushrooms >.< Although I really dislike minestrone and like a good vegetable soup, with bread for dipping:)

You should post your fave soup here and I'll get to read it later when I wake up...I really need to sleep sadly :( But goodnight to you anyway! And hope everything goes ok later (from 9 onwards):)

• Advertisement

Passata = sieved tomatoes.

I hate tinned tomatoes because they taste a bit different and are all weird, and still retain the seeds. I don't mind them if they're going to be blitzed and sieved afterwards though. It's still nicer to pick some proper good quality tomatoes and cook them yourself!

I thought everyone liked minestrone! It's basically any chunky soup with whatever vegetables you have at home anyway, and most commercial versions seem to have loads of tomato in it, so I thought you'd like it.

I don't have a favourite soup myself. I'll just throw in whatever I happen to have in the fridge. I am partial to a good onion soup though, but it's generally not vegetarian in restaurants and most people make it too salty, so I guess I can only have my own. No set recipe there as I don't really follow one myself. I also very much like a vegetarian version of Spanish garlic soup. Sounds disgusting but tastes great. Again, restaurant versions are not vegetarian and are too salty, as they contain cured ham :rolleyes:
    I've told you before, but my idea of comfort food/sick food is a nice, simple, oatmeal soup ^^

Sleeping early, I see :p Goodnight!

Yeah I slept quite early there, the only problem is that I missed the day and got up at 4pm haha!

Oh ok so sieved tomatoes...the seeds are not nice at all and tinned versions would only be good for adding to a bigger meal for flavour.

I have just hated minestrone since I was young, there's something to it that I just don't like, and can't really pick it out! Onion soup sounds different, as does garlic soup...but I'd probably like the garlic one and not the onion lol :p They serve a nice carrot & coriander one in our college, only like 1 day every 2 weeks though :( And what do you think of pea soup? Had a wonderful one of those earlier this year:D

I still remember that you love your simple, but delicious oatmeal as it does the job ^_^

Had some lovely girly time with mum yesterday ^_^

I fell asleep at like 8pm or something... so weird.

Btw, I love most soups!

I had a very very good hot chocolate yesterday from Benoit's Chocolate Factory in Ilac. They make it very similar to the way I make it: very thick and very dark :) I asked for a dark hot chocolate and the guy asked if I wanted 50 or 70%, which I thought was a great start. He didn't put sugar in it either, and I decided not to sweeten it so it was very intense and nice :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Btw, I love most soups!

I had a very very good hot chocolate yesterday from Benoit's Chocolate Factory in Ilac. They make it very similar to the way I make it: very thick and very dark :) I asked for a dark hot chocolate and the guy asked if I wanted 50 or 70%, which I thought was a great start. He didn't put sugar in it either, and I decided not to sweeten it so it was very intense and nice :)

When I suggested there you were all like no no no, then I called you a chocolate amateur hehe

also, lay off the avril, or lay on her, whatever but leave her alone and get the same hair as her :P

When I suggested there you were all like no no no, then I called you a chocolate amateur hehe

also, lay off the avril, or lay on her, whatever but leave her alone and get the same hair as her :P

I can't remember that at all. Ah well. I still prefer my own hot chocolate =]

I'm not getting the same hair as Avril Lavigne. That is final.
    What exactly do you like about Avril?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i had the pistachio one there, it wasnt on the menu but he let me have it, and warned me against it. He sounded like he had tested them all thoroughly heh.

her body, her face, her old hair. i imagine she is very annoying, but is very hot mmm
    i hate her new girlyness of the past few years too. she was way better at 16 ^_^

So you like teenage whining and general immaturity? Nice.

Though I suppose I should've guessed, knowing that you like all sorts of emo makeup and hair :p

I think it was a good idea for her to try to be a bit more girly, considering that she's a grown woman and shouldn't be acting like a kid, but I don't think she did it very well. It's still better than that terrible makeup she wore for years.

For the record, the only reason I don't like Avril Lavigne is that she is so annoying, and I was tormented by each of her new singles through 6 years of school. :( Stupid girls :mad: I couldn't care less about Avril's style.

talking about herlooks, couldnt care less about her personality :p
    love emo hair and makeup
    /transforms los
    /not much to do

soemthing wring with delicious black eyeshadow? sure not mmmm

But LOS is cool, nowhere near emo. (This isn't like talking behind her back right? I'm feeling slightly guilty even though she can read it!)

Black eyeshadow is only cool if in the right setting and done right. When Avril was younger it was better, but not at her age. It looks incredibly stupid on someone who should be over teenagey tendencies. Also it must suit the person and the situation, and.. er....

I guess most guys just don't know enough about makeup =/

• Advertisement

Btw, I love most soups!

Oooooh that sounds like a good day, if you're a girl ofc...which you are! 8pm? that's VERY strange for you:eek:

I was walking through there today and seen no hot chocolate place...whereabouts is it in that centre? I need to try this stuff.

Lol chocolate amateur...nice term:p

I sorta knew you'd react like that about Avril, but no convincing is ever gonna get B to have the same hairstyle lol:pac:
    But LOS is cool, nowhere near emo. (This isn't like talking behind her back right? I'm feeling slightly guilty even though she can read it!)

Black eyeshadow is only cool if in the right setting and done right. When Avril was younger it was better, but not at her age. It looks incredibly stupid on someone who should be over teenagey tendencies. Also it must suit the person and the situation, and.. er....

I guess most guys just don't know enough about makeup =/
    Nope, she's far far far from emo! You said she's cool, I sorta think you'll be ok :p

Nah most of us dont know much/enough about it, I guess the emo kids would know loads though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement