Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes jim I think it's that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Was really in the mood for drinking tonight, was last chance before college is back :(

Must do it soon to make up the shortfall :p Now I'm hungry but too lazy to get food.

Salad Burger....lol whoever invented that must be soooo rich by now, 'mazing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Was really in the mood for drinking tonight, was last chance before college is back :(

Must do it soon to make up the shortfall :p Now I'm hungry but too lazy to get food.

Salad Burger....lol whoever invented that must be soooo rich by now, 'mazing! :pac:

end of january soon ^_^

no appetite today, was in library all day, got roll for lunch, ate half and the other half when I got home and I didnt even want that '_'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yes jim I think it's that lol
    Gay.

I remember my mate getting a veggie "burger" in McDonalds years ago. It was literally the salad and dressing of a big mac with no burger.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yep familiar, have seen veggies eating such crap.

Best video ever.

Not vegetarian friendly >_>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

i drank about 50 cocktails and now i cant walk fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and to top it all off i am dangerously close to buying a harley 0o0o0 what to do what to do

of course you are :D

• Advertisement

my mother watched this and concludes its good but goes on to say it's very difficult to get tested for mercury coz she has already tried '_' :pac:

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

^ ha, I showed that to the mammy, and she starts having a go at me, telling me I should try new things and 'fish is realllly nice you know!!'.

That's a good clip :) My mam asked me yesterday do I want tuna lol! The day before that, it was chicken...

She knows I'm veggie 4 years :p

awesom_o wrote: »
    ^ ha, I showed that to the mammy, and she starts having a go at me, telling me I should try new things and 'fish is realllly nice you know!!'.
    That's a good clip :) My mam asked me yesterday do I want tuna lol! The day before that, it was chicken...

She knows I'm veggie 4 years :p

fish was the last thing i gave up so my mother's always asking me if i want it when I'm home, last time they were having fish she made me fried kidney beans, just on their own lol mmmm -_-

even my aunt says to me other day, 'would you not have a bit of meat when you're out to treat yourself' :pac:

--LOS-- wrote: »
    even my aunt says to me other day, 'would you not have a bit of meat when you're out to treat yourself' :pac:

To treat...what? Ahhhh......

I've actually been pretty lucky. My mam had to cook me a separate veggie dinner on christmas. After she said she's never going to bother to do the turkey, ham etc. Just veggie christmas dinners from now on. She's started cooking loads of veggie recipes as well on her own. Keeps sending them to me ><

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

My dad isn't all that crazy about it, but he always makes me really yummy stuff! He's a good chef and an amazing daddy!!

For example: I had an exam yesterday morning at 9.30, so he got up at 8 and made me porridge, tea, toast and poached eggs...so thoughtful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I feel left out here. Am I the only one who would usually just cook my own food? :(

Though my mum is awesome lately and actually making food for me as well, and she wants to go veggie =] (but at the same time she says she can't >_<)

I feel left out here. Am I the only one who would usually just cook my own food? :(

Though my mum is awesome lately and actually making food for me as well, and she wants to go veggie =] (but at the same time she says she can't >_<)

Nope. I cook all my own food due to not living with my mother. I actually love cooking though so even if I did live at home now I'd still just do it for myself.

living with my mother or not I nearly always cooked my own food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Whoever is making the dinner tends to make mine, same as if I'm making dinner I make theirs. I always make my own lunch etc but not dinner so much.

Yay I feel normal again :)

I've had a huge amount of chocolate so I'm kinda dreading the headache that will follow (I get headaches if I eat too much sugar). But it was totally worth it. And sure, I need to feel better because I'm "sick" (I don't think it's bad enough to call it that though :o)

at least your sugar doesn't punish other people >_>

adhd.jpg

making spanish omelette/tortilla, what should we make with it?

going to tesco to get ingredients, I demand good answers! She doesn't want stuffed mushrooms though, tricky!

what should we make with it

SKILL AND DETERMINATION

making spanish omelette/tortilla, what should we make with it?

going to tesco to get ingredients, I demand good answers! She doesn't want stuffed mushrooms though, tricky!

I realise that you've probably made it by now, but...

The average tortilla is made with just potatoes, eggs, salt and pepper, oil to fry it in, and some people (in Madrid at least) add chopped onion or cheese to the mix. In some parts of Spain they might add chopped bell pepper or some other extra ingredient to it, but that's just wrong!

Stuffed mushrooms? Spanish tortillas should be served as is (hot or cold), maybe topped with tuna or some ketchup on the side. You can also serve it with a simple salad or as a tortilla sandwich.

As long as you don't make something blasphemous like this, you'll be ok and I'll let you live.

Replace ketchup with brown sauce in that suggestion and you're on to a winner hehe:pac:

That pic just makes it look like pizza...which is stupid as it's nothing like pizza! Why would someone even bother? :P

Ok I'm starting to ramble...gonna go to bed lol, g'night!

I have a black hunk in my bed. And he luuurves me. He doesn't appreciate the mandarin peel protecting my power cable though.

Another sleepless night....
    Now I just need a hot oven and Matt Skiba to sing in the background.

Wish someone could pretend to be me for a short meeting with my project mates and show up in trinity this morning. I'd pay...

Brown sauce is disgusting!!! Though I found an even more disgusting sauce: whatever (non-Heinz) tomato sauce thing they gave me (instead of ketchup!) in McD the other day. It had Worcester sauce in the ingredients (all veggie though) and was seriously manky stuff. Thank God for buying nearly every sauce they sell, otherwise I'd have to have my already very limited "food" with nothing else. Plus coffee and orange juice. Though I guess they were trying to make up for the sheer amount of free sauces we've been getting for ages, with little comments of "I'm not meant to give you this but... whatever". We get served by possibly the nicest customer-facing employees ever. Unless it's Kylemore road, where the staff are always falling asleep during the night shift and can't getan order right to save their lives (but yay! more free stuff!)

I need a non-McD or BK drive through.

• Advertisement

Sorry, even though I'd do it for free...I just couldn't do it today as this is my one day where I dont sit in for people's project work :p

The brown sauce thing is for Tar though, not me:pac: I like ketchup instead! At least you found another nice McD's, Kylemore are just so fed up with their lives that it shows in their job satisfaction...none! So they sleep:p The ones on Grafton St. (bottom of it) seem to be really nice too.

I sat in a lecture today for an hour and we covered two things: quantitative methods and how to operate a calculator while trying to express functions...ffs! I hate that boring subject already, and we have it until May :(

On a better note: had a proper laugh with college friends today, it was good:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement