Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hairdresser say that fringe is better gone? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

no -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

So bored but tired too...must go to bed :(

I miss multi-quoting MoN :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So bored but tired too...must go to bed :(

wanna go to asiwyfa on sat at the button factory? tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

--LOS-- wrote: »

Me too :( Or even the single "Hi, I'm going training now so bye!" posts :(

A Swedish court has ruled that the parents of a seven-month-old girl in KungÀlv, Sweden can name their child Metallica, according to the Swedish newspaper GP. The girl's parents wanted to give their daughter a name that combined their first names. After picking Metallica and checking twice with the Swedish tax agency Skatteverket if the name was acceptable, they were told that it shouldn't be a problem since there is already a girl in Sweden called Metallica.

"A pair of twins in New Zealand were named "Benson" and "Hedges" after the brand and were cited by a New Zealand judge amongst a list of inappropriate children's names"

My daughters will be named Julie and April. If I have three daughters (my mother's side is nearly all women*) the third will be Lily.

Some names that aren't allowed are quite cool, but I really don't get why some people try to name their children ridiculous names :confused:

*My boyfriend's family are nearly all guys. Only like 3 girls, and then everyone else that is related to him is a man. My dad's side of the family is also all men, except for my aunt. I wanna have daughters!!! >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Norwegian boy wanted to change his name to Sonic after the hedgehog. In Norway you have to get the kings permission to change your name.

King said no.

someone make these..

http://i.imgur.com/F2Yhd.jpg

I wont eat them coz cake sucks but I want to see them :P

• Advertisement

I was born in '91 and I hope my dress sense isn't as bad as to be stuck in the 90s, nor as crude and rough as to be considered a scumbag.

Jesus that reminds me of that time at 3 or 4am in Madrid, when we were walking around the city and we could hear people laughing and stuff from a bar across the street, and we knew that all those people were skinheads and wondered what they'd been up to that night. =/
    And I was born in '81 and I'm so glad that the '80s dress sense is not around anymore, you were lucky to avoid seeing that!

I probably looked a little more like a knacker today with my Asics and O'Neills bottoms on, sorry :p
    hairdresser say that fringe is better gone? :P
    Fringe? Supposed to be a good tv show:pac:
    Me too :( Or even the single "Hi, I'm going training now so bye!" posts :(
    I'M BAAAACCCCCKKKK!!! :pac:

Hi ^_^
    wanna go to asiwyfa on sat at the button factory? tenner
    Afraid I can't mate :( Sure the text confirmed that earlier.
    A Swedish court has ruled that the parents of a seven-month-old girl in KungÀlv, Sweden can name their child Metallica, according to the Swedish newspaper GP. The girl's parents wanted to give their daughter a name that combined their first names. After picking Metallica and checking twice with the Swedish tax agency Skatteverket if the name was acceptable, they were told that it shouldn't be a problem since there is already a girl in Sweden called Metallica.
    Lol, awesome!

And Jim, strange that the King of all people has to do stuff like that, I thought he'd have lackeys to do it for him hehe:D Pretty cool though!
    someone make these..

I would if I could:eek:

This guy is savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

cake sucks

immediate lifetime ban :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hmmm, been awhile since I was here.

Booooored.

How's everyone?

hi fello sligo face, how was xmas?

someone make these..

You don't.. like... CAKE?!!! :eek:

That's like saying you don't like tofu. So many ways to prepare it.

EDIT: tbh I'd make something like that if it weren't for the colours. I really don't like obviously artificial colours in food, or just added colours that don't look natural (even if they might be). It's so tempting though......

scary stuff mon. :p

nope she doesn't, none apparently, we must change er mind with deliciousness!

Hmmm I wonder if my hand mixer would be up for a 15 minute session of constant beating. If there's a cake that everyone loves it's a good (as in extremely light and airy) Japanese kasutera/castella cake. My hand mixer is more than half my age though and still going strong, but I'm pretty sure one of these days it'll die in the middle of making that specific cake!
    For the record, I've never seen what mine looks like when it's cool, because by then everyone's inhaled the thing.

Btw, MoN, I'm awake! And not sleepy!!! ^_^

EDIT: tbh I'd make something like that if it weren't for the colours. I really don't like obviously artificial colours in food, or just added colours that don't look natural (even if they might be). It's so tempting though......
    No likey cake is not good:( You could eaily make stuff like that, but your dislike of strange artificial colouring of some icings would not help, and you'd end up not eating it.
    scary stuff mon. :p

nope she doesn't, none apparently, we must change er mind with deliciousness!
    Yah, scary for you :p

If you don't try, you don't succeed :)
    Hmmm I wonder if my hand mixer would be up for a 15 minute session of constant beating. If there's a cake that everyone loves it's a good (as in extremely light and airy) Japanese kasutera/castella cake. My hand mixer is more than half my age though and still going strong, but I'm pretty sure one of these days it'll die in the middle of making that specific cake!
    For the record, I've never seen what mine looks like when it's cool, because by then everyone's inhaled the thing.

Btw, MoN, I'm awake! And not sleepy!!! ^_^
    Just googled Kasutera cake...looks like a fancy sponge cake! Use a spoon so your hand falls off, poor blender :D

You had a proper sleep, I'm happy ^_^ You looked like your eyes were falling out of your ever so hyperactive head lol!

• Advertisement

hmm I knew that'd be scandalous, I really just hate cakey things and biscuits, hate is maybe a bit dramatic coz I would eat fresh sponge or something or some biscuits, I just much rather some chocolate or crisps. I hate birthday cakes etc, ugh. I wouldn't even be into brownie cakes or w/e, they're just not that great.

I like cheesecake?

Cheesecake is awesome, especially if it's lemon flavoured! I get what you mean with birthday cakes and the like though. I very rarely eat cakes with icing and other stuff on them, and if I do it's a tiny piece. Just too sweet.

I wanna make a honey kasutera cake!!! ^^

Can't sleep. Must sleep. Meh.

Cheesecake is delicious! Ever tasted a kiwi cheesecake? pretty good they are:)

Oh, you should make one of those honey kasutera cakes...you describe them as being so so nice, and with honey would be alot nicer:D Shame that you turn your back at home and well...the cake disappears :p

Last night was fun, I should drink less rum though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I make a decent vegan cheesecake so I do

oh forgot, first song by the first band in the club last night wassss

It was soooo great :D

Absurdum wrote: »
    I make a decent vegan cheesecake so I do

what do you use?

is this a jk I'm missing :o

jeez Tar I swear I've sense when you post in the grapevine :P

toblerone?

maybe I'm transferring the power :eek:

is there vegan cream cheese?

ah feck I've just seen my typo, A sense, not sense, as if youre likely to inspire sense in anyone

• Advertisement

I know what you meant, cos I ran it though the tar filter.

you can use tofutti stuff and then use 'no egg'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement