Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

k 'thanks'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

yeah tofutti cream cheesey stuff, can't remember the rest but it's mainly sugar and chocolate and humanely crushed digestives, no joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

If you use enough dark chocolate you don't need eggs to make a cheesecake set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I dreamt I had a small black kitten and it followed me everywhere, very strange! Oh and we had some random kitten in our college last week near the gym building, it was a really nice one :)

• Advertisement

kittens go well in the cheesecake too

If you use enough dark chocolate you don't need eggs to make a cheesecake set :)

can't imagine that would taste great, just really rich :/
    I dreamt I had a small black kitten and it followed me everywhere, very strange! Oh and we had some random kitten in our college last week near the gym building, it was a really nice one :)

nawwwww :)
    Absurdum wrote: »
    kittens go well in the cheesecake too

he hates me, he hates me through the medium of cats :(:(

--LOS-- wrote: »
    can't imagine that would taste great, just really rich :/

Quite a few chocolate cheesecakes are made that way. Bear in mind that cream cheese is quite solid when it's chilled, and chocolate is very solid as well. The cream that you'd probably add wouldn't thin it down a lot.
    But of course cheesecakes should be rich! Especially chocolate. In fact I don't believe in very wimpy cheesecakes because they're one of the most calorific desserts you can have (other than, for example, truffles, which are another food that is usually set by means of using enough chocolate) so you'd want to have only a tiny, very flavourful slice anyway. I found that most weak, wimpy flavoured cheesecakes were the ones made with gelatine, so I will always blame them for destroying the traditional cheesecake.

A lot of small (<8in) cheesecakes are actually meant to be divided into 12 portions.

<3 Cheesecake.

Though I'm currently craving this. I never thought I'd like it sooo much! I don't even like walnuts!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

stop making me want chocolate!

i jsut ran into this again and made me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

143899.bmp

• Advertisement

Quite a few chocolate cheesecakes are made that way. Bear in mind that cream cheese is quite solid when it's chilled, and chocolate is very solid as well. The cream that you'd probably add wouldn't thin it down a lot.
    But of course cheesecakes should be rich! Especially chocolate. In fact I don't believe in very wimpy cheesecakes because they're one of the most calorific desserts you can have (other than, for example, truffles, which are another food that is usually set by means of using enough chocolate) so you'd want to have only a tiny, very flavourful slice anyway. I found that most weak, wimpy flavoured cheesecakes were the ones made with gelatine, so I will always blame them for destroying the traditional cheesecake.

A lot of small (<8in) cheesecakes are actually meant to be divided into 12 portions.

<3 Cheesecake.

Though I'm currently craving this. I never thought I'd like it sooo much! I don't even like walnuts!

you amaze me with your knowledge!!! :eek:
    Is there anything you don't know about cooking.

Task for you, recommend a one-pot veggie meal for about 10 people, I'm starting to really regret saying I'd be home for this now :/
    stop making me want chocolate!

i jsut ran into this again and made me lol

I dunno, I just cant relate >_>

FTGFOP wrote: »
    143899.bmp

confused.com

I wouldn't think so!

:)

lol at that pic dude! um might be the vegetarian mistake there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Haha, vegetarian black pudding. I wish.

I made scrambled eggs this morning. I only buy free-range eggs, but I read the inside of the pack and it said 'MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF EGG'

I should hope so!!

it's just blood, there's no meat in it :rolleyes:

--LOS-- wrote: »
    you amaze me with your knowledge!!! :eek:
    Is there anything you don't know about cooking.

Task for you, recommend a one-pot veggie meal for about 10 people, I'm starting to really regret saying I'd be home for this now :/

*is sad and spends too much time in the kitchen* :o

Why don't you make a stew-like dish? You can put pretty much anything you like into one.

If I have to make food for a group of people and I really can't come up with anything (or just don't feel like cooking), I'll make a pie or tartelettes. They're a bit of a cop out though :o You don't even have to make the pastry if you don't want, and you can make a vegetable filling in the oven, which means not having to stir or touch anything at all after chopping up some bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Absurdum wrote: »
    it's just blood, there's no meat in it :rolleyes:
    Yea. It's perfectly veggie, just not vegan.....maybe I'm stretching this a bit too far.

tumbleweed.jpg

:pac:

Things are so so quiet!

tumbleweed.jpg

:pac:

Things are so so quiet!

*is recovering from nearly freezing to death after waiting for the 25a for nearly an hour... again :(*

I can't feel my toes =( But there's nothing chocolate can't cure. (Nothing, I say!)

On other news, Suffolk St. has seen today two 39a's passing through it within 3 minutes of each other, a 46a behind another 46a, a big bottleneck of angry taxi drivers behind a queue of 3 or 4 busses which stopped seemingly randomly on that street, countless 14s, 38s, 39s (how many people live in Ongar?! Their bus seems to be four times as frequent as the other buses), 100-something-or-others, two 25b's, two 25s (which traditionally were much less frequent than the 25a), etc. Not sure what's the best method to put a complaint hmmm.

On other news, after three phone calls from SDCC asking me what course I'm currently doing (as if it weren't on all the forms which I had to submit more than once), they *finally* accepted my grant application.

It is friday. Friday!!! ^__^

:):):)

(Friday!!!!)

• Advertisement

hmm anybody know anywhere good for veggies in liverpool?

also, any nice restaurants in dublin? I know 101 is nice, just want to know more :D

*is recovering from nearly freezing to death after waiting for the 25a for nearly an hour... again :(*

I can't feel my toes =( But there's nothing chocolate can't cure. (Nothing, I say!)

On other news, Suffolk St. has seen today two 39a's passing through it within 3 minutes of each other, a 46a behind another 46a, a big bottleneck of angry taxi drivers behind a queue of 3 or 4 busses which stopped seemingly randomly on that street, countless 14s, 38s, 39s (how many people live in Ongar?! Their bus seems to be four times as frequent as the other buses), 100-something-or-others, two 25b's, two 25s (which traditionally were much less frequent than the 25a), etc. Not sure what's the best method to put a complaint hmmm.

On other news, after three phone calls from SDCC asking me what course I'm currently doing (as if it weren't on all the forms which I had to submit more than once), they *finally* accepted my grant application.

It is friday. Friday!!! ^__^

:):):)

(Friday!!!!)
    See I agree with you, the 39 is a stupid bus, but the 25a is even worse, Ongar has more people than where you live, that place is HUGE these days! I can tell you the exact procedure for Dublin Bus complaints:

1. Send letter of disgust to Dublin Bus
    2. Someone is paid to read this letter, and many many more up until they read "I am unhappy/pissed off/angry with your lack of service".
    3. Letter is thrown into a bin.

Friday was a good day for you then, grand FINALLY getting acknowledgement and approval! :D:D

Loooooooove Fridays!
    hmm anybody know anywhere good for veggies in liverpool?

also, any nice restaurants in dublin? I know 101 is nice, just want to know more :D
    Nothing about Liverpool I'm afraid! I've been to a really nice place facing City Hall before for a mate's birthday meal called Toscana...they do really good food but you need to tell them you are veggie:)

*is sad and spends too much time in the kitchen* :o

Why don't you make a stew-like dish? You can put pretty much anything you like into one.

If I have to make food for a group of people and I really can't come up with anything (or just don't feel like cooking), I'll make a pie or tartelettes. They're a bit of a cop out though :o You don't even have to make the pastry if you don't want, and you can make a vegetable filling in the oven, which means not having to stir or touch anything at all after chopping up some bits.

That's way too vague for me, I need instruction, I'll just not be so lazy and look at the recipes thread :P
    Why did I get myself into this, I'm going home for the anniversary of a dead person who wont even know it :confused:

It is quiet around here MoN, busy time at the minute :/

edit: Tar remember those places we saw other end of dame st, dunno if it's still dame st up that far, no idea what they were called now, had some good deals for during the day.

oh totally forgot about them, we deffo have to get toblerone cheesecake!

one of them was starter, main and tea/coffee for a tenner, not sure if dessert incl or if small extra price for dessert, can't for the life of me remember what they had now but I was salivating at the time

drool2.gif

heh heh I liked how you thanked for the food!

one of them was this place..

http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/City_Centre/City_Centre_South/salamanca_dame_street/menu.aspx
    Special Offers
    Choose a Starter or a Glass of Wine or Dessert + Main + Tea or Coffee for €10. Availability: Monday to Sunday: 12pm to 4pm

i assure you the thanks is a coincidence >_>

spammer permanently banned and post deleted.

horsedurr.gif

319539_o.gif

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement