Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

hey guyz!!!!!

guyz?

lol u wont believe this

2lx7zn7.jpg

LOLOL I eats veggies exclusively!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Food and drinks sound good aye! Hope it'll be a Fri/Sat :p

Absurdum, I KNEW that post was an April Fool's Day one...nice stuff man:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Absurdum wrote: »
    LOLOL I eats veggies exclusively!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*RUNS*

Got to see Neil Hannon, Romeo Stodart, Cathy Davey, Jape and some accompanying musicians at The JD Set...it was amazing! :D

Told my best friend that Jape is vegan...she was surprised considering she is too lol!

• Advertisement

Food and drinks sound good aye! Hope it'll be a Fri/Sat :p

Absurdum, I KNEW that post was an April Fool's Day one...nice stuff man:D

any chance you around any thurs MoN? I know you've deserted us for the countrae n all...

ps..lololol absurdum lololol etc

pps....I love when moonbaby pops up for the cat posts :pac:

Got to see Neil Hannon, Romeo Stodart, Cathy Davey, Jape and some accompanying musicians at The JD Set...it was amazing! :D

Told my best friend that Jape is vegan...she was surprised considering she is too lol!

Sounds like a great gig.

Last year, I bumped into Neil Hannon at the degrading shoe off thingy in the airport.
    I was a teensy bit starstruck and coyly tried to draw my sisters attention.
    She being entirely ignorant to all things Hannon, bellowed "WHAT" "WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR" into his face.
    Even the Shoe nazi's were ashamed for me.

--LOS-- wrote: »

pps....I love when moonbaby pops up for the cat posts :pac:

:o I'm trying to be a good recovered internet addict, and stay in that offline place as much as possible. But you keep sucking me back in with the fluffy! :P

How are you keeping?

Moonbaby wrote: »

:o I'm trying to be a good recovered internet addict, and stay in that offline place as much as possible. But you keep sucking me back in with the fluffy! :P

How are you keeping?

Im okies! :) I haven't been on a whole lot recently either I suppose. We have your kitty call button now should we need to summon you here...I'll just leave it here case anyone else needs to use it....

<Moonbaby to the veggie forum>

I trust you'll be around soon for drinkies?

I've just watched Ringu again all by myself, and I'm not *too* scared. :)

:o

Hi moonbaby!

Hi moonbaby!

I've never seen that, not even the adaptations, I'm ashamed of myself. I might go 'acquire' that now. I just watched 'the thing' for the first time the other day :)

• Advertisement

I've never seen that, not even the adaptations, I'm ashamed of myself. I might go 'acquire' that now. I just watched 'the thing' for the first time the other day :)

I'm 10000x more scared by the American version, to the point that I can't have a tv in my room or I won't be able to sleep* (and I will often have nightmares if I do sleep in a room with a tv). It's also my favourite film ever lol.. both the American and the Japanese.

The Thing? Er.. is it even good? It was always mocked in the cartoons I watched growing up, so I don't even know what it's about at all (other than that there's the thing and I think it's not from Earth stuff).

*I have reasons to be scared. Stop laughing!!!!

I'm 10000x more scared by the American version, to the point that I can't have a tv in my room or I won't be able to sleep* (and I will often have nightmares if I do sleep in a room with a tv). It's also my favourite film ever lol.. both the American and the Japanese.

The Thing? Er.. is it even good? It was always mocked in the cartoons I watched growing up, so I don't even know what it's about at all (other than that there's the thing and I think it's not from Earth stuff).

seriously? I always thought the original japanese version was supposed to be way scarier, I might watch the american one first then....once it doesn't have bedrooms and mice I'm good :o
    i wouldn't have bet it was your fave film! anothernight you mysterious thing :P
    aww come on, what childhood tv incident did you have?!

I loved The Thing! It's good vintage cheese but you can still take the piss out of it.

seriously? I always thought the original japanese version was supposed to be way scarier, I might watch the american one first then....once it doesn't have bedrooms and mice I'm good :o
    i wouldn't have bet it was your fave film! anothernight you mysterious thing :P
    aww come on, what childhood tv incident did you have?!

I loved The Thing! It's good vintage cheese but you can still take the piss out of it.

I think it depends mostly on which is the first version you see. My first was the American. Then I watched it again in the same week. Then I watched the Japanese, but we were also making a cake so it wasn't scary, and watching it in someone's house just wasn't the same I guess.

Childhood tv incident? Er.....
    I saw The Ring with my best friend and her sister, and the plan was that I was going to stay over at theirs that night because their parents were away. So we were scared by the film and that was alright (it is pretty scary!). My friends lived in an apartment in Madrid, and by the time we reached it, it was very dark outside. Their front door opened directly into their sitting room, which was very dark.

Well, we got inside the apartment and the tv turned on by itself, on static, just like in the film. We screamed and nearly shat ourselves until we managed to turn on the light and turn off the tv. We were terrified and couldn't sleep at all after that, and we never found out exactly what was wrong with the tv, because it seemed perfectly fine. I thought it could've been a prank or something but I never found out how someone could've done that. I think it must have been a freaky technical problem or something, idk. But it was horrible timing.

So yeah, that's why I'm so scared of TVs :o

STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say, watching the same film a million times, sometimes by myself, probably hasn't helped. Or the fact that my mind was all corrupted already by all the other scary films I've seen since I was very young.....:(

I think it depends mostly on which is the first version you see. My first was the American. Then I watched it again in the same week. Then I watched the Japanese, but we were also making a cake so it wasn't scary, and watching it in someone's house just wasn't the same I guess.

Childhood tv incident? Er.....
    I saw The Ring with my best friend and her sister, and the plan was that I was going to stay over at theirs that night because their parents were away. So we were scared by the film and that was alright (it is pretty scary!). My friends lived in an apartment in Madrid, and by the time we reached it, it was very dark outside. Their front door opened directly into their sitting room, which was very dark.

Well, we got inside the apartment and the tv turned on by itself, on static, just like in the film. We screamed and nearly shat ourselves until we managed to turn on the light and turn off the tv. We were terrified and couldn't sleep at all after that, and we never found out exactly what was wrong with the tv, because it seemed perfectly fine. I thought it could've been a prank or something but I never found out how someone could've done that. I think it must have been a freaky technical problem or something, idk. But it was horrible timing.

So yeah, that's why I'm so scared of TVs :o

STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say, watching the same film a million times, sometimes by myself, probably hasn't helped. Or the fact that my mind was all corrupted already by all the other scary films I've seen since I was very young.....:(

Ah that is pretty understandable, I do hate those houses where the front door opens directly into a room, scary sh!t. It is definitely no more shameful than me and the mice. I don't hate mice and I wouldn't be scared of one but I cannot get over having one crawl down my top in bed, probably over a year ago. I fell asleep on top of my bed the other night and was woken up by something scurrying about near my neck, really fast and it seemed completely real so I stayed still to let it run out but it didn't so I jumped up to get it off me, turned on the light and backed into the corner with my laptop. I have NO idea if that was real or if I was dreaming, it scared the hell out of me...so then I did the brave thing and logged on to ask Tar to come over and the check the room for mice :D

what I have learned from this thread......cake makes things less scary hmmm

The brave thing was asking Tar to help? LMAO!!!! Of all people... For some reason I can't help but imagine him screaming like a girl.

I remember when my sister was around 10-12 and we lived in Madrid, one of those huge cockroaches from the street got into out apartment and woke her. It was crawling on her and she screamed until my mum took it off her and killed it. Poor sis.

Cake doesn't make things less scary! Having the lights on and making a cake while watching a film does.

Gahh I have brownies downstairs but I can't get to them because to get to the kitchen I must walk through the sitting room and it's scarier than usual now. Normally I walk while staring at the tv >_<

The brave thing was asking Tar to help? LMAO!!!! Of all people... For some reason I can't help but imagine him screaming like a girl.

I remember when my sister was around 10-12 and we lived in Madrid, one of those huge cockroaches from the street got into out apartment and woke her. It was crawling on her and she screamed until my mum took it off her and killed it. Poor sis.

Cake doesn't make things less scary! Having the lights on and making a cake while watching a film does.

Gahh I have brownies downstairs but I can't get to them because to get to the kitchen I must walk through the sitting room and it's scarier than usual now. Normally I walk while staring at the tv >_<

I know, it hurt to play the girl and let him pretend to play the man. He barely even checked the room, poor scared little thing.

ohhhh well still I have oddly had cake here this evening and I trust it will keep me safe. Plus the cat is now sleepy enough to be kidnapped and forced to sleep on my bed.

If it is one of those glassy screen tvs I feel bad for you :(

You force the cat to sleep on your bed?!!! Why?! Just lure it into your bed... I put my laptop on my bent knees when I'm in bed (provided that the laptop isn't used for anything that will make it heat up a lot, obviously) and the duvet makes an irresistible warm tent for my cat, so he sleeps there.

Glassy screen TVs? You mean CRT? It's one of those, yeah. I've been trying to convince my mum and sister of getting rid of it as they don't use it either, but they don't want to.

The phone keeps ringing. I think it's dying because when I pick it up no one is there. It's scary lol

You force the cat to sleep on your bed?!!! Why?! Just lure it into your bed... I put my laptop on my bent knees when I'm in bed (provided that the laptop isn't used for anything that will make it heat up a lot, obviously) and the duvet makes an irresistible warm tent for my cat, so he sleeps there.

Glassy screen TVs? You mean CRT? It's one of those, yeah. I've been trying to convince my mum and sister of getting rid of it as they don't use it either, but they don't want to.

The phone keeps ringing. I think it's dying because when I pick it up no one is there. It's scary lol

I have to, it absolutely shuns me when I come home, it wont stay somewhere its not used to staying for ages.
    You mean the cat goes under the duvet or on top? Josie strangely loves under it, you could be looking for her everywhere during the day and not see her tucked down inside one of the beds.

yes I mean those...thingamagigs
    hate them so much, stupid reflections making it impossible to watch tv
    you're thinking of getting rid of the tv altogether? I did that before in a house I didn't even have internet in or a laptop, what was I at :eek:

I have to, it absolutely shuns me when I come home, it wont stay somewhere its not used to staying for ages.
    You mean the cat goes under the duvet or on top? Josie strangely loves under it, you could be looking for her everywhere during the day and not see her tucked down inside one of the beds.

yes I mean those...thingamagigs
    hate them so much, stupid reflections making it impossible to watch tv
    you're thinking of getting rid of the tv altogether? I did that before in a house I didn't even have internet in or a laptop, what was I at :eek:

Shuns you? What?! Why?!!! Aren't cats meant to be there to greet you when you come home?

Bailey goes under the duvet of course. It's all warm there and his body's heat also warms up my legs. When I'm actually lying in bed though he likes to put his head on or right below my left armpit (usually after kneading, and it must be the left one) and sleeps there.

Now that you mention it... I'm not sure if the tv in the sitting room reflects anything lol

I hate tvs so yeah, I'd like to get rid of it altogether. Sure, everyone at home watches stuff on their own computers and most of the time that we need a tv we'll just use a different one. So the one in the sitting room is a bit pointless and only serves to scare me.

Why did you get rid of your tv?

Shuns you? What?! Why?!!! Aren't cats meant to be there to greet you when you come home?

Bailey goes under the duvet of course. It's all warm there and his body's heat also warms up my legs. When I'm actually lying in bed though he likes to put his head on or right below my left armpit (usually after kneading, and it must be the left one) and sleeps there.

Now that you mention it... I'm not sure if the tv in the sitting room reflects anything lol

I hate tvs so yeah, I'd like to get rid of it altogether. Sure, everyone at home watches stuff on their own computers and most of the time that we need a tv we'll just use a different one. So the one in the sitting room is a bit pointless and only serves to scare me.

Why did you get rid of your tv?

ah cats can be so damn passive. Picking and choosing when to sit on you and making you feel like you should be honored to accommodate it, then you may need to get up for somethign but you can't, they're so cunning.

Even if there is just a light on in the room or if there's sun coming in I can't stand them.
    So you are not getting rid of all your tvs!

Just to make me do stuff, mostly to work so I wouldn't have the temptation of watching tv and then to do other stuff in my spare time like read and listen to music and play chess and w/e and to go outside! To make me generally more productive! But again I didn't have the internet or a laptop (I know you wouldn't understand that :pac:), if I did at the time I wouldn't care less about tv.

• Advertisement

ah cats can be so damn passive. Picking and choosing when to sit on you and making you feel like you should be honored to accommodate it, then you may need to get up for somethign but you can't, they're so cunning.

Even if there is just a light on in the room or if there's sun coming in I can't stand them.
    So you are not getting rid of all your tvs!

Just to make me do stuff, mostly to work so I wouldn't have the temptation of watching tv and then to do other stuff in my spare time like read and listen to music and play chess and w/e and to go outside! To make me generally more productive! But again I didn't have the internet or a laptop (I know you wouldn't understand that :pac:), if I did at the time I wouldn't care less about tv.

I love the way you always pretend to not really like cats and then everyone knows that you're such a cat person..... :p
    But you MUST feel honoured!

I wish I could get rid of all of them, but then we do need one for DVDs and stuff. I'm convincing mum of getting rid of Sky though, because it's just a useless expense for a service that no one ever avails of.

Hey! I do know what it's like to not have the internet! *shudders* I didn't have an internet connection when I moved to Ireland because Eircom were useless and kept saying that we couldn't get it where I lived. Other than that... I think we didn't have the internet before I was 4 or so. Hmm...

I love the way you always pretend to not really like cats and then everyone knows that you're such a cat person..... :p

I wish I could get rid of all of them, but then we do need one for DVDs and stuff. I'm convincing mum of getting rid of Sky though, because it's just a useless expense for a service that no one ever avails of.

Hey! I do know what it's like to not have the internet! *shudders* I didn't have an internet connection when I moved to Ireland because Eircom were useless and kept saying that we couldn't get it where I lived. Other than that... I think we didn't have the internet before I was 4 or so. Hmm...

ha! I don't notice that I do that! There's so many cats on the road where Tar now lives, esp one all grey one that runs over to you when it sees you coming, good times :)

I much prefer watching stuff on the tv, movies etc otherwise I lose interest or fall asleep too easy but I wouldn't be paying for tv with my internet provider if my housemates didn't want it.

yes sure sure that barely counts :P
    I think I better think about going to bed soon, my bed's not even dressed and I hate having to do that when you're tired.

Grey cats are great ^^

Goodnight!

soon soooon

in other news, the cat chose to sit on my bed yessss, I've been validated.

Just back home from drinking and Shan....aaaaaaand got to drink and dance with Froooooooooooo!!! :D:D

Fun times!

*please say someone has a sony external bettery charger?* I wanna see so many pics!

shan at last!

bettery eh, that an american battery? :D

Happy mothering day, mine is already p'd off I wasn't up at the crack of dawn making breakfast >.<
    .....time to boil the kettle so!

Here we go with a blast from the past...it's a mega quote!
    any chance you around any thurs MoN? I know you've deserted us for the countrae n all...
    I'm definitely not around on Thurs, as I've an important exam on Friday morning so need to stay in Carlow :(
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Sounds like a great gig.

Last year, I bumped into Neil Hannon at the degrading shoe off thingy in the airport.
    I was a teensy bit starstruck and coyly tried to draw my sisters attention.
    She being entirely ignorant to all things Hannon, bellowed "WHAT" "WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR" into his face.
    Even the Shoe nazi's were ashamed for me.

How are you keeping?
    It was brilliant :) I feel sorry that she had to act like that around the Neil...he's such a nice guy and so laid back its not funny! Staying away from internets for a while is supposed to be good, must try that again some year.

Oh me? I'm having some good good times, life is good:D Et toi? hoping all is well in Moonbaby land!

Lol:pac:

Why the American version? The original is much more creepy than that one!

The Thing is classic horror, you should watch it someday.

Lol:p
    I know, it hurt to play the girl and let him pretend to play the man. He barely even checked the room, poor scared little thing.

ohhhh well still I have oddly had cake here this evening and I trust it will keep me safe. Plus the cat is now sleepy enough to be kidnapped and forced to sleep on my bed.
    You let him yeah? I'm sure that's how it all played out:pac: At least he checked out the room...once there were no spiders...

Catnapper...or cakenapper...?

Lol buuuusted haha!:D

Having €irCON as an ISP usually means you have no internet connection anyway, considering how bad they are. They more than likely kept saying that because they didnt want to lay any new cable...losers! Better off without them lol.
    shan at last!

bettery eh, that an american battery? :D

Happy mothering day, mine is already p'd off I wasn't up at the crack of dawn making breakfast >.<
    .....time to boil the kettle so!
    Leave my half drunk spelling mistakes out of this! It's better than batter anyhoo...so I win hehe.

Finally got to Shan after at least 8 months away from it, it was so so good and really hit the spot...you know how that feels too!

Mama's day today! Gotta buy a card lawl...forgot to get one for her when I bought a bday card and prezzie for her (bday was Fri).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm in bed and texted mine a while ago. heh heh *lick*

I does not afraid of anything btw anothernight:mad:
    apart from los and the rise of the robots

*is scared of mum today because she's reminding me of how she gets 3 different mother's days and we rarely ever give her anything*

Eircom is paid for by dad, therefore it stays until he refuses to pay (which is around now...). They didn't have to lay a new cable btw.

Tar is probably scared of everything but just won't admit it.

Can't remember anything else I was gonna say. Ah well.

• Advertisement

Well I wont be online again until tomorrow I think....not sure anyway but gonna go get my bus back at 5:30 or so...maybe a little later. Three mother's days! Wow how does that work out?

Just gonna have tome tea, beans and toast then get my stuff ready :)

Ttyl good peoples!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement