Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus NTL in Letterkenny?

Options
  • 01-07-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Can I get Chorus NTL broadband and TV in Letterkenny? I have been on the website twice in the last 2 weeks, filled out the forms, waiting for them to contact me but I have still heard nothing. Maybe I have missed it on the web site but I cant find a phone number for them.
    Has anybody got any experience with them, I want to leave Sky, they wont give me a cheap sky plus box like they are offering new customers, I signed up the week before they offered the cheap deal, my friends have since got it for €25, they want €150 from me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Their phone number is 1890 940 624.

This is their web site

oh and if you still havent got the Sky installed you have the right to cancel AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I'm after spending 20 minutes on the phone listening to their recorded message about being dealt with soon. Can anybody save me from going through that again and tell me if they actually do operate in letterkenny, I dont mind waiting if they do but I dont want to do all that again to be told they dont do it up here. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

According to the availability checker on the site, it would appear that the service is available in only 4 towns in the county - Donegal, Bundoran, Ballyshanon and Buncrana. Shame about the Sky+ box, but maybe you can still cancel as Muffler says? Then you could just sign up again :pac:

Clicking on the "Television" tab at the top of the page will then bring you to a new page where you can enter details of the area you are in. Letterkenny is not included unfortunately but then again the web site may not be up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I've been with sky for a year now, contract is coming up for renewal thats why I was thinking about changing. They dropped the price to €50 after I signed up and brought it down again to €25 more recently. As an existing customer the cheapest they will offer me is €150 or €50 for skyHD plus €15 a month extra.
    Does anyone know if I cancelled my subscription with sky could I sign up again as a new customer? I'm sure they have some way of preventing me doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Don't know anyone in/around Letterkenny on Chorus/NTL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭GSF

Dont do it!! Chorus/ NTL have the worst customer service of any company in Ireland.

Does anyone know if I cancelled my subscription with sky could I sign up again as a new customer? I'm sure they have some way of preventing me doing that.
    When the contract is up cancel the sub then watch out for offers they have (new offers every month). Put the new sub in someone else's name who lives there - partner, brother, sister, parent etc. Probably safer to use a different bank a/c if paying by direct debit.

Have a read at this or maybe post in that thread also.

I've been with sky for a year now, contract is coming up for renewal thats why I was thinking about changing. They dropped the price to €50 after I signed up and brought it down again to €25 more recently. As an existing customer the cheapest they will offer me is €150 or €50 for skyHD plus €15 a month extra.

I'm not with Sky - I'm too cheap and use free to air and a satellite dish, which gives me all I want. There's a Satellite forum here on Boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55 that might be able to answer your question. I've seen posts there that suggest a couple of options - I can't say if either will work:
    a) you can cancel and get wife/partner to sign up as a new customer or
    b) you can ring them and tell them you're cancelling and see if they will offer the box free to keep you.

:o You just got in before me, Muffler - not quick enough on the old keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Dani Adelante

They don't have it in Letterkenny I'm afraid. I used to work for them. They have it in a couple of places, like Ballyshannon, Lifford, Buncrana, but not Letterkenny.
    Think you'll have to stick with Sky. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

GSF wrote: »
    Dont do it!! Chorus/ NTL have the worst customer service of any company in Ireland.

Yep..I had it in Buncrana..pure rubbish..go with free to air at least youll be able to watch the TV;)

Advertisement