Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rugby forum has gone to pot...

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

And here in lies the problem we have a moderator that admitingly dislikes Leinster.

ffs, no, I don't "dislike" Leinster.

Stop looking for an agenda and bias where nothing exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭thehighground

I have no problem with posters disagreeing with me its your snide and condescending tone that annoys me and you know exactly what you are doing you would never speak to me in that manner to my face so I don't expect you to do it on an internet forum.

Bet your bottom dollar I would speak to you face to face like I post.

You still haven't answered as to why you know I haven't been banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Time and place and I'll record it and put it up here. No joke.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

err.............are you two planning a fight over des?

cos i am not really that comfortable with that :(

you know he is in a committed heterosexual relationship

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

And here lies the problems of the forum....perfectly summed up by these two lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭thehighground

And here lies the problems of the forum....perfectly summed up by these two lads.

And what would be your interpretation of what the problem actually is Micky?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

And what would be your interpretation of what the problem actually is Micky?

Things get fair too emotive when there really is no need of it.

Now I will add, I have never found you offensive in any manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

oh for fucks sake.

What are you, 5?
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

err.............are you two planning a fight over des?

cos i am not really that comfortable with that :(

you know he is in a committed heterosexual relationship

I could turn Des :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Pimpey wrote: »
    I could turn Des :p

bring it on

name a time and place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Do we need a Rugby League sticky in a RU forum?

It's been there for months and has only 1 reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

bring it on

name a time and place

Damn lack of thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Or we could rename Rugby to Rugby Union and get rid of the link then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Read the post then you'll see why it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stev_o wrote: »
    Read the post then you'll see why it's there.

I read it but still.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lol123456

Some sh1te again today from the same poster who never contributes positively.

lol123456 wrote: »

So, instead of using the "Report Post" feature, you have a whinge about it here? :confused:

How does that help?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Report the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

lol123456 wrote: »
    Can a mod do an IP check on this user? It's patently obvious it's an alias. I have a good idea who it is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I must apologise for my absence but after 12 to 18 hour days, pretty much 7 days a week at work over the last number of weeks, Boards was very much a secondary consideration.

In particular i'm sorry for leaving Des (and co) with so much **** to deal with and must thank him for his efforts.

I should be more available now that the hell that has been my job for the last 6 weeks has calmed down a little.

TBH I'm disappointed and not a little disgusted at some of what has gone on in the Rugby Forum over the last while. I've had a very brief look over some of the threads and tbh some of it is quite pathetic. I'll discuss it with the other mods but the way i feel at the moment is that there are a good few posters that won't be posting in the forum for a long time (if ever).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Good to see you back Ruggie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Still alot of bitterness between various posters over one particular thread that continued throughout the night yesterday and into this morning by looking at a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

This thread needs to be bumped. I have to say over the last few weeks it appears that Size=Everything causes an awful lot of problems and to a lesser extent Aidric, for either posting their "opinions" or blatantly trolling other users. In relation to Size=Everything its pretty clear he respects nobodies opinion but his own and takes every opportunity he can to take a veiled dig at anything related to munster. Sometimes its just outrageous and Aidric has already been banned for Trolling so i dont even need to go there.

I've dealt with it.

Excuse me? I have just recently been banned for simply correcting someone's spelling of Leinster. I was met with a Leinster elitist comment and still didn't rise to the bait yet I get banned. I am opinionated and regularly disagree with people but that doesn't mean I am trolling

chupacabra wrote: »
    This thread needs to be bumped. I have to say over the last few weeks it appears that Size=Everything causes an awful lot of problems and to a lesser extent Aidric, for either posting their "opinions" or blatantly trolling other users. In relation to Size=Everything its pretty clear he respects nobodies opinion but his own and takes every opportunity he can to take a veiled dig at anything related to munster. Sometimes its just outrageous and Aidric has already been banned for Trolling so i dont even need to go there.

I respect the opinions of people on the rugby forum who know what they are talking about. I also respect the opinions of people who are able to argue back and disprove my point instead of crying to the moderators. Is the real problem here the fact that I disagree with a lot of people's opinions and am actually able to articulately argue these points?

Honestly if you don't want to discuss your opinions and have them challenged don't come to a rugby discussion forum and don't go crying when someone disagrees with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

eoin wrote: »
    Report the post.

QFT.

A problem post does not merit a Feedback thread. Report it instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement