Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think i miss my old M3 too much

• 01-07-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,277 ✭✭✭✭

Even for me this is a bit extreme, but ever since i saw the buyer drive off in my m3 i felt i made a mistake and that feeling hasnt gone away, decided when i was on hols last week to try sell the z4.

Great car, bizarrely it gets an awful lot of attention from people, but i miss the m too much and i figure if i act quickly perhaps i can recover the cost of the z4 coupe given their scarcity etc,

i do of course realise im made

and unkel, im guessing you may have foreseen this :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

Hate to say we told you so :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Id imagine a lot of people get those feelings when changing a car that hasnt done any wrong..i did!

but most jsut ignore it, fair play though. for people like us who love cars it makes sense so do whatever you think!

would you go straight back to an M3 though? no other car tickling you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You were warned plenty in the originial thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,277 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Ferris wrote: »
    Hate to say we told you so :o

there has been a lot of that, even from my missus :p
    Id imagine a lot of people get those feelings when changing a car that hasnt done any wrong..i did!

but most jsut ignore it, fair play though. for people like us who love cars it makes sense so do whatever you think!

would you go straight back to an M3 though? no other car tickling you?

for the money and my requirements, an m3 is unbeatable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cyrus wrote: »
    and unkel, im guessing you may have foreseen this :p

Yeah but I didn't expect it this quick :D

Anyway, I guess that as usual you will not have too much difficulty selling the Z4 - good luck with the sale and the purchase of the M3. Another E46?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ I see you're selling the Porsche and the 7 now Unkel - what have you got instead?

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah but I didn't expect it this quick :D

Anyway, I guess that as usual you will not have too much difficulty selling the Z4 - good luck with the sale and the purchase of the M3. Another E46?

:p

e46 again for now, getting married within the year so we need to pay for the wedding, following car will definately be an e92 :)

hopefully the z4 will sell, fingers crossed at any rate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I actually cringed when I saw the thread title, best of luck finding your next one Cyrus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

You should be banned from here for your own good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Damn...! Was a bit puzzled as to how you could go from the M3 to the Z4, despite the Z4 being a wonderful motor... Well, best of luck - you'll need it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I saw the thread title on the front page and knew it was you. It was only a matter of time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭schoolbag2

could be an expensive lesson.

So have you called the guy who bought your old car yet:p, you'll do well to find an M3 as mint as your old one.

schoolbag2 wrote: »
    could be an expensive lesson.

So have you called the guy who bought your old car yet:p, you'll do well to find an M3 as mint as your old one.

wont be an expensive lesson, it wont be sold if i cant get the money for it :)

you are right about getting a tidy m3, they are scarce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You are a better man than me if ya can change back without dropping a fair bit of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I was shocked when i saw your ad.

I have to ask, why didn't you go for the Z4M when you were changing in the first place?

Good luck finding a new M3, there's a nice one on adverts.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I was shocked when i saw your ad.

I have to ask, why didn't you go for the Z4M when you were changing in the first place?

Good luck finding a new M3, there's a nice one on adverts.

z4m was 11-13k more expensive at the time, i dont think it would have mattered, the impracticality of the 2 seats has been more of an issue than i thought it would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Cyrus wrote: »
    z4m was 11-13k more expensive at the time, i dont think it would have mattered, the impracticality of the 2 seats has been more of an issue than i thought it would be

Thats why i got the GT and not the Z :P

Suggestion - why not get yourself an E30 M3 (they're bloody stunning, saw one at the weekend), or an E36 M3 for your weekends, and keep the Z4 for every day?
    One can never have too many BMW's, and E30/E36 are going for pittance.

cianclarke wrote: »
    Suggestion - why not get yourself an E30 M3 (they're bloody stunning, saw one at the weekend), or an E36 M3 for your weekends, and keep the Z4 for every day?
    One can never have too many BMW's, and E30/E36 are going for pittance.
    E30 m3...wouldn't be pittance! This is one of the cheapest on carzone http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200840190256017

The only one cheaper is 17k and its LHD Cabrio!

But the e36 is fairly cheap alright, nowhere as good looking as an E30 or E46 though

My mistake, yeah assumed the pricing of the E30 would follow the E36, forgetting they're mega rare, mega awesome..
    Didn't they only come in LHD?

• Advertisement

My mistake, yeah assumed the pricing of the E30 would follow the E36, forgetting they're mega rare, mega awesome..
    Didn't they only come in LHD?
    Nah they don't but alot of them are LHD, no RHD ones for sale on carzone at the mo. But you're right, they really are amazing, the best looking BMW ever imo

Pretty sure they were only produced in LHD - maybe there are some conversions, but E36 was the first to come in RHD.. Some 'beauts tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Pretty sure they were only produced in LHD - maybe there are some conversions, but E36 was the first to come in RHD.. Some 'beauts tho!

Yep - E30 M3 was only made in LHD. There are some RHD conversions out there, but they need to use the slower 325i rack, and the car suffers as a result apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

I know you mentioned the boot space issue. But a z4m is supposed to be a much better car then the standard z4. Could be another option.

I know you mentioned the boot space issue. But a z4m is supposed to be a much better car then the standard z4. Could be another option.
    Think the budget issue combined with the back seats is the killer of that one!

Cyrus - wonder what they'd offer for the z4 if you were looking at this honey http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200842190451984

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^ I see you're selling the Porsche and the 7 now Unkel - what have you got instead?

Still got both plus car #3, a lowly Rover 75. Might try and sell that too :D

No plans to buy anything at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

How disappointing :pac:

Stephen wrote: »
    How disappointing :pac:

Ach, I still have a few half decent cars - for now. It would really be depressing if I'd be left with only a Jap tin box like a Civic, wouldn't it? :p:D

Advertisement