Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Bottom Spotters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

This is pretty funny

isabel calls the bottom!

"MANY HAVE hinted at it over the last couple of weeks, but I’m just going to say it: THE PROPERTY MARKET HAS REACHED THE BOTTOM!"

Note: The following month saw the biggest price drops since records began (oops):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The standard of journalism school in this country is awful unless they were all bribed, likely the latter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

gurramok wrote: »
    The standard of journalism school in this country is awful unless they were all bribed, likely the latter!

Maybe during the bubble and later denial days when auctioneers were still advertising and it was big revenue to the papers, but now?? They cant be making much from the current 1 or 2 pages to warrant such tripe, i would say its more likely that these fluff piece reporters just dont have the ability to write a story that goes against bubble economics, its all they know.

For the last year, every single week theres been a story saying something along the lines of,
    the market is being to settle,
    the market is gaining confidence,
    property cant drop any lower,
    never a better time to buy,
    the bottom is in sight,
    the bottom has arrived,

Going by the standard of journalism, i full expect to open tomorrow paper and hear prices are rising again. :rolleyes:
    If i was as wrong in my job as some of these prats, i'd fully expect to have my P45 nailed to the back of my head as i was kicked out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

did anyone read the article in the home supplement in the sunday times by mark keenan?
    its about changes in a market after is suffers a huge nosedive, called the dead cat bounce:)
    he is talking about when a market nears the bottom people start buying properties again which makes things look better and causes prices to rise slightly,but then it takes another drop,like englands property crash in 1989 when in 1991 and 1992 prices fell by 11% but for 5 months in a row prices were rising!
    this could be a dead cat bounce until things get worse again,people are still losing there jobs,so this may be a fake bottom:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Senna wrote: »
    If i was as wrong in my job as some of these prats, i'd fully expect to have my P45 nailed to the back of my head as i was kicked out the door.

Ah, but their job is not to be right. Their job is to pump up property. Izzy works for a property supplement; the last thing a property supplement - which depends on estate agents for revenue - wants is for people to stop buying property. To that end, she's doing her job very well.

P.

• Advertisement
Advertisement