Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silly Question about D300

• 01-07-2009 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I got Nikon D300 about a month ago. I don't know hot change setings of focus... When AF is in Dynamic/Single AF mode its focusing on one point at the left and in Veiwfinder I also see only one focus point in the left hand side of the focus area.
    Can someone tell me please how to change it? I read the manual, but couldn't find any useful info.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the d pad i thinks... if thats the issue i'm understanding...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

As previous poster says the D pad allows you to move the focus point around so long as you have the focus lock off. It is definitely in the manual how to do this but you are probably like me, you try to read the whole manual in 5 minutes. Look at the focus section only and read it til you have all the info you need. Lovely camera, good luck with it.

If you press the button in the middle of the D pad the focus point will revert to centre. Again the focus lock should be off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

You can change the focus position by using the D-Pad. In one way, that's handy, in another it's a curse as I keep hitting the D-Pad with my nose! :D

Let me know how you get on, and feel free to ask any questions about it - it's not an easy camera to learn, but great once you've got the basics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

mrmac wrote: »
    You can change the focus position by using the D-Pad. In one way, that's handy, in another it's a curse as I keep hitting the D-Pad with my nose! :D

And I thought I was the only 1 who did that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    And I thought I was the only 1 who did that :D

Picked up a cheap eye cup thingy to put on the viewfinder, and it helps, a bit!
    Just a bit awkward when I have to keep removing my glasses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I'd recommend that you pick up a copy of Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D300 as it's easier to understand and more in depth than the nikon manual. Get it HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sonya.Max

Thanks a lot for your answers!! It was so simple...
    Good luck to all!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Have you tried the 3D Tracking? I have been using that a bit lately & in some situations it's brilliant.

From Memory you have to turn on 3D in the menu, then set the AF mode to the centre postion on the switch on the back & put it on C for Continuous in the front under the lens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 f.54

Hi there, can anyone help me get my raw files open in photoshop? I've tried downloading raw plugin from adobe but it wont work in CS2.
    I'm really bothered about this.
    My raw files from my D40 worked fine.
    Please help.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

hey f.54, if you download camera raw plug in it will open ur raw files then bring u into photoshop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Thanks for that realy grateful, but, the only plug in that works with CS2 is 3.7 and thats no good for the D300 it seems.:confused:
    I'll just have to be patient until I can afford CS4 That sucks, but what else can I do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sometimes, nikons own driver will allow your raws to be seen from the d300 in cs2

Thanks for the advice Driver
    Do I just plug in the camera? Will this enable me to manipulate them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

f.54 wrote: »
    Thanks for that realy grateful, but, the only plug in that works with CS2 is 3.7 and thats no good for the D300 it seems.:confused:
    I'll just have to be patient until I can afford CS4 That sucks, but what else can I do?

IIRC you could use the free Adobe DNG converter to convert your RAWs to DNG, CS2 should then be able to open them.

Advertisement