Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive Tesco points loophole. Spend £27, get 6 bottles of wine & £36 Tesco Rewards

Options
  • 01-07-2009 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

What's this about?

There’s a way to get six bottles of Torres wine for £27 (which is 25% off) and get 900 bonus Tesco clubcard points on top of the usual points – these can then be traded in for £36 of Tesco Rewards (or £18 of further Tesco Wine) which means you’re £9 up.

How does it work?

This is all about combining deals, Tesco has confirmed that they can be used in conjunction. The deals are as follows

Buy any 6 or more bottles of wine before Sunday, get 25% off
    Buy a bottle of Torres wine (red, white or rose) and get 150 bonus clubcard points
    Each 1 clubcard point while worth 1p in store can be swapped for 4p of Tesco Rewards.
    So nip down to your local Tesco before Sunday buy 6+ bottles of Torres, you get the discount and the extra points, then you can swap them later for rewards. Though there’s no official limit on the number of bottles you can buy so you could get more (though it has a fair usage clause, so don’t go overboard!)

The offer's is now available online, however 25% off is only available when you buy a case of wine rather than six bottles individually. So if you want to buy online you can have either the points or 25% off, not both. You can see a picture of the wine here (http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/9/xpi50985589.htm).

More points offers
    Other points offer on Marques de Monistrol Vintage Cava Brut. Bottles are 10.99 each but you get 300 bonus points per bottle. And until Sunday buy 6+ bottles and get 25% off. So for a £49.50 spend, get £72 in vouchers. It's worth noting this Cava can be bought cheaper elsewhere though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Can you claim the points using a ROI clubcard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tikkal

No. You can obtain a new UK Tesco clubcard instore at an NI store. Your ROI address should suffice on the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

robo wrote: »
    Can you claim the points using a ROI clubcard?

I was in Tesco in Enniskillen last week and the lady asked me if it had a Clubcard, I said the only one I had was ROI, she said its fine I would still get all points transferred. Not sure if they did transfer, but the card seemed to be accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah I've used my ROI Clubcard in Tesco UK as well, always says "Clubcard Accepted" never checked if I actually got the points though. This is a fantastic deal, read about it on MSE yesterday. Basically free wine and extra points as well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

I can confirm that tecso clubcards from what ever country UK or ROI will work exactly the same in the other country and you will get the points. I.e. card issued in Manchester will work in cork as it does in Manchester and vice versa. I use my UK clubcard in the republic alot always excepted and always get the points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ei9go

However, if you get UK points on an ROI card. You only get 1 euro point for every pound sterling you spend.

Advertisement