Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Galway to Mullingar

Options
  • 01-07-2009 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the easiest way to get the Mullingar on a Saturday evening using public transport?

Been trying to sort this out but it's an absolute nightmare.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How is it a nightmare? *puzzled*

Bus to Kinnegad and then bus to Mullingar
    easy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

snubbleste wrote: »
    How is it a nightmare? *puzzled*

Bus to Kinnegad and then bus to Mullingar
    easy

That would be a nightmare as Kinnegad is well past Mullingar. Best thing I would do is to get CityLink or GoBus to Kilbeggan and hitch. Done it myself and never any bother getting a seat although I know hitchhiking isn't too popular anymore and probably nowhere near as safe as it once was. If you're a 'he' you'd be grand. Alternatively is there no bus from Athlone (although you'd have to take buseireann I'd imagine).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

OP specifically asked for public transport
    Going geographically further to catch a connection is not a nightmare
    Get the dublin bus to kinnegad and then catch the sligo bus there to mullingar, both are frequent services and easy to manage, should be around 3.5h

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Last time I did this I did hitch from Kilbeggan. Got a lift ok, but there was a bus I had just missed (yup think it was the sligo bus).

Citylink or Bus Eireann. Gobus does NOT stop in the smaller towns (motorway to Dublin is the route, hence the supergood time it makes ;) )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Horse and trap is the preferred method.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 chererae

That would be a nightmare as Kinnegad is well past Mullingar.

It's only 15 minutes outside Mullingar. I do this journey every week and taking Citylink to Kinnegad and then a bus from Kinnegad to Mullingar is the easiest way that I know of. I don't think GoBus stop in Kinnegad anymore so wouldn't recommend going with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

That's good to know in case I need to get there someday. :D

Advertisement