Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin É

Options
  • 01-07-2009 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

What's Sin É like on a Thursday night? As in crowd, dress code, music etc?

Never been there before, meeting a few people there tomorrow night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Is that the bar on the Quays just beside the Four Courts?

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's not a fancy-shmancy bar, jeans and a nice shirt would be more than enough, it's a casual bar and very laid back, really nice place to meet people for a drink and a chat since it's not too loud or crowded

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

it'll get busy later on.

Real nice bar though. Very relaxed, I like it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Crowd: Very mixed, good humoured folk (Well, I am at least :pac: ) easy going.

Dress code: Casual. Unless you're a complete scumbag. ie; shell suit and addidas.

Music: Everything from jazz to 80's to rock & roll. Plenty of electro too. Depends on the night, depends on the mood.

It's a great little bar, one of my four favorites in Dublin. You'll always have a good night in there. Try get in early if you want a seat/table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Aye, its a great little pub.
    Have only ever been in there on a thursday night myself.
    There was a lot of jazz and blues music going on and there was a band playing downstairs iirc.
    The only thing I didnt like about the place was the state of the toilets. Twas minging.

Pints of Guinness for €3. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Aye, its a great little pub.
    Have only ever been in there on a thursday night myself.
    There was a lot of jazz and blues music going on and there was a band playing downstairs iirc.
    The only thing I didnt like about the place was the state of the toilets. Twas minging.

Pints of Guinness for €3. :pac:

Thought that was only on tuesdays. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

No it was defo a Thursday I think.

(Checks change)

Actually maybe they werent three euro after all. I just seen the little ad they had up for €3 pints and assumed thats what he charged.
    There was no mention of Tuesday night only.
    Could be wrong though. Stranger things have happened.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The 3 quid pints are only Sunday and Monday.

Tuesday is a pitcher (nearly three full scoops) of Staropramen for a tenner. Not too shabby...I burped one down yesterday lunchtime.

Advertisement