Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can i stop my dog fouling my paving????

Options
  • 01-07-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

hello all, i have 7 month old boxer pup and cant seem to stop him fouling my paving in my back garden i have tried everything to get him to stop but he thinks its a game and just wags the tail at me:D i have tried training him to poop in a certain area but he just doesnt get it i have a 5 year old boxer and he has always pooped in the area his was trained to poop in. i have been told to put some jeyes fluid on the paving but i hate the smell of this and when it rains you can smell it off my dogs paws. is there anything else i can put on my paving to stop him that doesnt smell so bad and is safe for my dogs?

any advice welcome.

cheers

markos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

there is sprays you can get in pet shops that are suppose to stop dogs from fouling in areas that it is sprayed on, dont know how effective they are though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

When you think he needs a poop take him on the lead into the garden and walk around the area you want him to poop in, if he does one give him loads of praise.

Take him for plenty of walks first thing in the morning he may need a poop, plenty of walks will give him the oppertunity to loosen up the oul bowels and poop (bring a pooper scooper or poop bag of course to clean it up.

Hot water with a good dash of fairy liquid should be enough of Oxy Bleach.

Your supposed to allow an area to dry before allowing pets back on it that way the paws won't smell. Zo Flora has a more pleasant smell and is ok to use around pets as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

When you think he needs a poop take him on the lead into the garden and walk around the area you want him to poop in, if he does one give him loads of praise.

Take him for plenty of walks first thing in the morning he may need a poop, plenty of walks will give him the oppertunity to loosen up the oul bowels and poop (bring a pooper scooper or poop bag of course to clean it up.

Hot water with a good dash of fairy liquid should be enough of Oxy Bleach.

Your supposed to allow an area to dry before allowing pets back on it that way the paws won't smell. Zo Flora has a more pleasant smell and is ok to use around pets as well.

ive had 3 boxer dogs and i can tell you mine dont like being watched while they poop so its hard to catch him in the act,also i do know to let the ground dry before letting my dogs back out on the paving but when it rains it brings back the problem and the bad smell of jeyes fluid,can you tell me what you mean by using fairy liquid?

thanks

markos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

anyone else??

Advertisement