Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar Panels

• 01-07-2009 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Am completing a BER to a property with solar panels for the first time and have managed to input all of the data except the annual solar radiation which is a sum between 0 and 1500 unfortunately the pdf comission report is all in German and the above is the only one that has me stumped, the literal translation is Jahrliche Solarstrahlung ....but can not see anything like this in the PDF ???? Either entering 0...1000 0r 1500 does not make any alteration to the rating.
    I was also surprised to note that where solar panels are used there is virtually no difference to the rating ie 131 B3 with solar 132 without can this be right have I missed something here ???
    Also the house has a HRV system which when input has an adverse effect on the rating, I would have expected an improvement.
    So I am either doing something wrong or need reassurance that this is the norm :rolleyes:

With thanks for any advice

Legs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I might be misunderstanding your question, but I believe that the annual solar radiation is dependent on the weather here in Ireland.

You should be able to get this value from the DEAP manual, Appendix H, Table H2.

It is dependent on the orientation of the panel, and the angle of the roof on which it is mounted.

Table H2 : Annual solar radiation, kWh/m²

The German data supplied will not be accurate for Ireland

As to the HRV, sorry but I cant help you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭holdfast

First pkierman is right on the table you need there is no info need from the manufactures for solar panles

Second is the HRV on the SAP index and have you downloaded the procedure for entering the information required . If you have the unit is still lowering the rating. The HRV is worst than the default which would be quite a surprise if it was on the SAP index maybe not if its a other make. Take note i did three houses each with HRV and data was requested by SEI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 legs_akimbo

Thanks, got all the relevant info I needed and when the overshading factor is entered and the rating refreshed then the difference is noticeable.
    Still have to look at the HRV when I have a moment
    Could you expand on the sap index please Holdfast where is it available for download?
    According to statistics a HRV system should reduce energy consumption by over 5% per annum but this as far as I can so far see is not reflected in DEAP, which to my mind is very curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭holdfast

not working with my computer till monday, you can download the procedures for the the SEI website for the data need to imput for HRV. I can send it monday if that is ok

Try www.sap-appendixq.org.uk for the index for HRV units that are certified and allowed to be used by SEI.

Advertisement