Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This game...

• 01-07-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

... is frickin' awesome!

Having my first match at the moment and who knew reading match reports could be so exciting! Looks like I've definite areas to work on, but a 21-0 lead at half time has put me in a good mood.

Um, just a question though... do us manager types just sit and watch the matches or are we meant to be suggesting changes and tactical schtuff? I can't see an obvious button for it so I'm assuming not, but if that's the case than it's similar to playing against I bot or?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Well... you pick your team and subs should they be required and where / who comes off the bench. But that's only for injuries. The tactics have to be set by half an hour before kick off or so, and as far as I know, you can't influence the game there after.

It's not like playing against a bot, I mean, most teams are real human teams, watching just like you and have prepaired just like you, then the game takes place. In the lower leagues you can get one or two bot teams, but once you get up to division III onwards they're all human afaik. Last season in IV I had 2 bot teams in my league iirc.

Great game though, enjoy! :)

Happened to pop on and I'm 36 - 0 up with 55 mins gone, so happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Fulltime and 38-0 ... excellent. Jaffa cakes all round!

Ah, just the way people go on about bot matches made me thing that the bot team was somehow inferior to the human team, possibly cause a human could mix up tactics etc mid-game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

No, I think it's just BOT teams don't make signings and their team selection is just a default one, so you pretty much start on a par with them and any imporvements you make then make you better.

I came out 57 - 0 winners in the end, so happy enough. Good warmup for the real deal at the weekend!

Advertisement