Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drying herbs

Options
  • 01-07-2009 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any tips for drying herbs? At the moment, we've some hanging in the shed to dry out, and some wrapped in kitchen paper, just to try out different methods.

Also, does anyone know where I can get dark brown jars with lids (for storage)? Seems to be the hardest colour jar to get! Have already asked the family to keep an eye out, but they've none :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

I dry mine out in the hot press in brown paper bags, and ive never seen brown air tight jars either sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Also, does anyone know where I can get dark brown jars with lids (for storage)? Seems to be the hardest colour jar to get! (

http://epackaging.ie/
    look under pharmaceutical glass - not sure if they supply the general public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Thanks rocknchef and tenandtracer (hope I've spelled your names right).

I had checked out that website before, but the biggest brown jar they had was 100mls. I might see about getting their 1Lt Amber Winchesters.

Their end costs are a bit pricey though. When checking out the price for the jars, they started at about €40 ish, but there's an extra €30 charge for not spending over a thousand Euro. Might have to give them a call instead.

Advertisement