Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 homes stores liquidation

Options
  • 01-07-2009 8:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

does anybody know if 4 homes stores are gone into liquidation. i heard they were in macroom anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

the one in Midleton is having a "liquidation sale".
    up to 70% off, starting tomorrow. I'm told it's a clear out sale, not a shutting down sale. If so, they could have chosen a better name I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

are you sure i thought they were closing down. liquidation does mean closing down.

are you sure
    no.
    liquidation does mean closing down.
    it can do. stock liquidation can also mean that they want all their stock to go away, like if they're desperate for cash.

have a read of the attached letter notifying shareholders about the sale tomorrow and see what you think. I reckon it could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Ashbourne's been having a closing down sale for the last week or so..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Red_Sky

and the dole queues lengthen .........

• Advertisement

I called into the 4Homes in Midleton this morning.
    It's not a great sale, though if you're still looking for hand tools and so on all their Dargan range is 50% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

4homes is a gonner in all probability the dual site branches will be taken back over by dairygold i.e carrigaline, mallow, raheen, possibly midelton and fermoy, mitchelstown cashel the last three of which traded under the coop superstore name despite being part of 4home. The liquidation stock is stock left over after the closing down sales in carrick on shannon, portlaois, monaghan and carlow. The future of the macroom ballincollig and kilarney branches are unclear but don't look good as dairygold already have a strong showing of branches in those areas. Also the builders providers department in ballincollig has been shut which they did in all the closed branches prior to closing them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sarah44

Yeh I had gone for a kitchen there and was told they were closing...... glad i didnt give them 50% deposit on it , Is there bargains in the Ashbourne store? looking for flooring.

Sarah44 wrote: »
    Yeh I had gone for a kitchen there and was told they were closing...... glad i didnt give them 50% deposit on it , Is there bargains in the Ashbourne store? looking for flooring.

I don't know about Ashbourne but the Midleton store was giving 30% off kitchens.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sarah44

What do you do in cases where you are afraid that the store will go into liquidation and when you pay your deposit it might be gone for good?
    Do you have the right when ordering a kitchen to say you are not giving a deposit in case it closes in these times we live in that is a sure possiblility.
    I really liked the kitchen and have been told that the cork branch have my design and i can get it from them, but am afraid it might go the same way so i dont want to give a deposit to them in case it does.
    Can i do this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement