Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metalica - August 2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Africa wrote: »
    Never really into Alice In Chains. Can someone recommend an album or two to listen to before I head down?

Dirt - great album. There's also sap and jar of flies but I'd start with dirt first personally.

Shame about Layne Staley (original singer - od'ed). Anyone know what they're like without him? I can't imagine the new guy can compare...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 seaney81

Africa wrote: »
    Its totally worth it. If you think its better to have your access, your clearly missing the point.

Anyway. Its a pity about the bands pulling out. Metallica should still be good though, i have looked into some of the stuff they are playing on their tour at the moment and I like the new album so it should be good. Mastodon are also promoting the balls out of their new album which IMO is the best album out this year. They will be great i am sure of that! Apart from that, A7X are also great, maybe they will play Walk again :P Their new album isnt as good as the older one, but I still like it. Never really into Alice In Chains. Can someone recommend an album or two to listen to before I head down?

Will be there early morning, just like every other Metallica gig :D number 6 for me!!!

The last time Alice in Chains backed up Metallica I didn't know much about them either. I got their Greatest Hits album a couple of weeks before the gig...After a few listens I was completly hooked. Been a Fan of the band ever since.

I would recommend giving their greatest hits album a few listens before the gig...its got most of the best songs on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 seaney81

Dirt - great album. There's also sap and jar of flies but I'd start with dirt first personally.

Shame about Layne Staley (original singer - od'ed). Anyone know what they're like without him? I can't imagine the new guy can compare...

Seen them live a few years ago at the Metallica gig and they where great. New singer is fitting in well, granted he doesn't compare to Layne Staley but he does a good job. They have a new album out this September and you can hear the new single on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ThePlank

So, can anyone give me some advice here?

My boyfriend and I are going, but he has injured his leg badly and is not allowed walk, except for 5 minutes a day on crutches.

We rang ticketmaster to see about getting tickets in the disability section, but they said they don't allow it unless he's in a wheelchair. :eek: WTF MATE?! :mad: Any ideas on how to get around that? He has a doc note saying that he can't walk or stand for long periods of time and we SERIOUSLY don't wanna miss this gig.

Also, how would I get to Marlay Park from Dundrum or from somewhere in Rathfahrnam? Anywhere on the 15 bus routes? Which is faster, from Dundrum or Rathfahrnam?

Also, as for getting back, I have to get back to Donneycarney, would it just be easier to get a taxi? 'cause I'd have to get a taxi from town anyway even if I got a Dublin Bus. Approx how much would a taxi from Marlay Park to Donneycarney cost? Anyone know??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ThePlank wrote: »
    So, can anyone give me some advice here?

My boyfriend and I are going, but he has injured his leg badly and is not allowed walk, except for 5 minutes a day on crutches.

We rang ticketmaster to see about getting tickets in the disability section, but they said they don't allow it unless he's in a wheelchair. :eek: WTF MATE?! :mad: Any ideas on how to get around that? He has a doc note saying that he can't walk or stand for long periods of time and we SERIOUSLY don't wanna miss this gig.

Also, how would I get to Marlay Park from Dundrum or from somewhere in Rathfahrnam? Anywhere on the 15 bus routes? Which is faster, from Dundrum or Rathfahrnam?

Also, as for getting back, I have to get back to Donneycarney, would it just be easier to get a taxi? 'cause I'd have to get a taxi from town anyway even if I got a Dublin Bus. Approx how much would a taxi from Marlay Park to Donneycarney cost? Anyone know??

i wouldn't bother me ass with TicketBastard

Try MCD, here's a quote from there 'Contact us' section on there site

* We have 'all' our upcoming gigs in our listings section, if your question is about a future gig keep checking the site or subscribe to the newsletter. Requests for info about gigs not listed on the site will not be answered
    * MCD does not sell tickets. All requests for tickets should be directed to ticketmaster
    * In addition MCD does not distribute 1) backstage passes 2) VIP passes or 3) wristbands to the general public, any requests for such will not recieve a reply
    * If your query involves special needs, please send an email to specialneeds@mcd.ie and let us know whether you would rather be contacted by phone or email. Please make the subject of the email 'Special Needs' to allow us to process your correspondance more efficiently.

http://mcd.ie/contact/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

Hey, anyone been to a gig at Marley Park this year? I am wondering what booze they sold or will be selling at the gigs at the weekend. I am hearing its Bud but I cannot stand it.

Sorry if its not the rigt place to post this, its just a random Q. Thanks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Got heineken and bulmer's when i went to see foo fighters there

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

happy days, was that this year? I dont mind Heinekin at all at all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

No i think it was in 2007. Anyway i'm sure they have a variety to choose from. I was at metallica last year in Marlay park aswell didn't buy any booze. Savage gig though. Try and get in the pit it will make buying drink so much easier without having to worry about losing a good place to view the stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Does it really matter? Generally, the pouring rights are sold off which is why you only tend to get one/two brews on sale. Also cuts down on the queues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

BrianD wrote: »
    Does it really matter?

Yes. At the O2 I couldn't drink anything on offer there. Same when I was at Wembley Stadium a couple of years back. Carlsberg and Budweiser make me ill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

This is savage stuff!

There'll never be another gig like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

pretty sure it's Heineken. Worked a few MCD gigs and it's always been that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Was Budweiser last year if I recall. MCD were behind U2 right? It was Bud there anyway if they were so that might be an indication of who they're in bed with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It's a commercial thing. The pouring rights are sold off. It was Bud up in Marlay for a few years because of Bud Rising. I've seen Miller up there before. Heineken do Oxegen and the EP and I think Slane. It's really who ever will pay the most for it? Good sampling opportunity for the breweries. Hence any talk of watered down beer is usually nonsense.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They had Coors at Bon Jovi last year at Punchestown .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

They had Coors at Bon Jovi last year at Punchestown .

When i first read that i thought it said "They had the Corrs at Bon Jovi last year" and i was thinking why would they have a pop band at it and when i say pop band, i'm talking about Bon Jovi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

So how early should I go for pit passes? Some people have said 8 or 9 which I think is fairly reasonable but others are saying like 7 :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

You'll be fine if you go in for 9ish! Plenty of passes to be got!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I'm after winning 4 tickets in a competition I forgot I entered on facebook so it looks like I'm going after all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

MrPirate wrote: »
    I'm after winning 4 tickets in a competition I didn't know I entered on facebook so it looks like I'm going after all! :D

Haha Sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Could anyone tell me what street the pedestrian entrance is on for Marley Park please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

It's in the 'burbs so it's not on a street anyway. Grange Road is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Thanks, can anyone confirm the exact line up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Thanks, can anyone confirm the exact line up?

Courtesy of user "Reborn" from Metalireland.com:
    Gates Open 1.30
    Glyder 3pm
    Mastadon 4.15pm.
    Alice in Chains 5.45 pm.
    ****** PUB ******** 7.15 pm
    Metallica 8.45pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

HaHa - I recommend you get yourself to the Ballinteer House if they let you leave the venue grounds, just to be sure you don't have to hear that bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

'Not really a metal head at all (although I probably know about 70% of what they'll play), but a few friends of mine from Galway are heading along to Marley tomorrow, so I'm thinking of popping along. Just wondering if anyone knows how I can get to Rathfarnham from Dun Laoghaire?

Thanks. :)

P.S. I probably won't be heading over 'til half 6 or so - is there a bus I can get from town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

www.dublinbus.ie

or the luas to dundrum and about a 30 minute walk from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Thanks Gearoid. I am right in thinking that I can get off at Nutgrove and be somewhere walkable to Marley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Courtesy of user "Reborn" from Metalireland.com:
    Gates Open 1.30
    Glyder 3pm
    Mastadon 4.15pm.
    Alice in Chains 5.45 pm.
    Metallica 8.45pm

if there is any chance of leaving the venue and being let back in that is exactly my plan.

Are these times a guestimate or real?

Advertisement