Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW BASKETBALL TEAM - WICKLOW / BRAY / GREYSTONES

Options
  • 01-07-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi all

Former nat league player ( still play ) thinking of setting up a div 3-4 club

any interest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Pick up games running in Pres Bray gym on Thurs nights at 8pm....if you wanna promote the idea of a team?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MarkHobBray1977

Thanks PAt....Ill defo be up on thurs !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AlexLopez

Hi, I'm a spanish guy who has moving to Dublin 6 a week ago. I'm looking forward to playing basketball here. If someone usually goes to play basketball in a park near here, please post a message. I'm 26 and I have been playing basketball for a long time (I'm not very good but I like it :D).

Thank you

we had 10 for our pick up game yesterday..........15 the 1st week, but holidays lowered our numbers. Same time (8pm) and same venue (Pres gym)next week.

I play football in greystones on a thurs night at 8 !!

I started last tuesday playing pick up games in the NBA , €5 a head....was pretty good

Am still setting up a team if any of the lads or interested and have the standard

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 FRANCISASKIN

hi lads just wondering if the games in pres on thurs are still running?and is there a charge on them?what level are they cause i havent played in about four years but really want to get back into the game

I've been on hols for the past 2 weeks.....I hope the pick up games have still been going on in my absence. I'm back this week...so I should now for sure whether the no's have kept up in my absence by Wed (We had between 10 - 16 players for the 3 weeks I was playing). I'll post again later in the week to let you know if thegames are still going on.

The standard is quite good......we run 5 x 5 full court and everybody can play!!

Pick up bball in the Pres Bray gym is go, go, go for 8pm on Thurs. All welcome.

We had 12 for pick up games tonight.........same time, same place next week (Pres Gym @ 8pm).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mr Ecko

What is the level of play, i have not played in a long time' would be nice to get back into it.I was not that great would'nt like to slow you guys down.

• Advertisement

Its mainly players from the school team between 16 - 19 years of age with a couple of older players (past pupils, coaches and so on). We've only got a couple of weeks left before school starts back. The level is quite good and the gameplay is very fast/hectic......it helps with the fitness ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mr Ecko

Thanks, its just im 30 years old, dont want to be the only older person there, fitness is not the way it used to be but that is one of the reasons that id like to start playing again.might drop in thurs to have a look if thats ok?

I'm 34 and I join in as well....so don't worry about being the oldest in the gym ;-) See you there at 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Tourneque

Hey... whereabouts is the Pres Gym in Bray ? Is it on from 8-9 or 8-10 ?

Presentation Bray is on the putland rd in Bray. If your coming from the town take the left turn up the hill at McDonalds, past tesco on your right and take the next left at the traffic lights (at the queen of peace church). If your coming from greystones.....head towards the town, past the tennis courts on your left hand side, then take the right at the traffic lights (with the queen of peace church on your right). The gym is up the hill within the grounds of the school.

We had 14 players tonight, ran agood competitve session. Last chance of any pick up games will be next week as school starts back the following week.....just so you know.

A new mens Div 5 team is playing in the shoreline gym, Greystones this season. The team are the Greystones Thunder. Check out the DMBB website for contact details.

Thanks Pat

dropped him an email ...interesting to see where it goes

thanks

1st training nite this wed....might be a drop in standard but its right on my doorstep !! perfect

thanks for the heads up Pat !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just came across this, any of you interested in a friendly mixed pick up game in Ballywaltrim community centre every Wednesday at 21:00-22:30? It's €25 per hour divided between whoever shows up, 6 confirmed for tonight so far, looking to spread the word a bit more around Bray area.

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    Just came across this, any of you interested in a friendly mixed pick up game in Ballywaltrim community centre every Wednesday at 21:00-22:30? It's €25 per hour divided between whoever shows up, 6 confirmed for tonight so far, looking to spread the word a bit more around Bray area.

Is there a game tonight (12th Oct) ?

Yep, PM sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bernie150

I'd be interested in coming by next Wednesday. (I live in Shankill.) Is it still going? How many did you get yesterday?

Still going and will continue to each week, yesterday was a low enough turnout, 7 only, but it was 1 guys birthday, 2 others injured and a few others couldn't make it either. I'm hopeful that the next few weeks will be pretty good.

I've set up a facebook page where I'll be posting each week to gauge numbers, aswell as using teamer.net, so if you can send me a private message with your number and email address, I'll add you to the notification list.

The facebook group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/200995453303368/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Triona Brady

I live in Bray and am looking for a ladies team to play with any night will do. Have small bit of experience.

I live in Bray and am looking for a ladies team to play with any night will do. Have small bit of experience.

Contact Bray Bullets Basketball Club via their Facebook page .... they have ladies teams that play out of the Loreto Bray gym (opposite Tesco)

Advertisement