Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viking reenactment C&C

• 01-07-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

hi i'm looking for c&c for the attached photos thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Could you resize and embed them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

None really jump out at me, but if I were to pick 2 bests it would be the 3rd and 5th. The rest are all either slightly out of focus or, like the 1st, slightly too small to critique properly.

To offer C&C on the other 2:

I'm not sure about the B&W style on the 3rd. Might need some noise (higher ISO) and maybe not just a desaturation to B&W. The angle at which he is looking at doesn't really jump out at me either. If you've cropped it you should probably have left some photo to the bottom left (i.e. his face on the top right). Still not sure if that would tick all the boxes for me.

The last of the owl has quite a bit of noise. Not sure is it on a high ISO (or what camera was used), but for me a picture like that needs to be sharp. Not sure if you cropped the photo, but the owl doesn't "jump out at me" for some reason. This may be due to it not being sharp, or maybe the positioning of it in the photo. But again something doesn't tick all the boxes for me to be honest.

What I will say good about them is that the DOF is spot on in both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I took a second look at the 4th one and it's a pity it's slightly out of focus. That had potential! So close :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

I would embed the images in the post, I gave up after looking at the first 3 -just takes too long.

I'm guessing a high ISO was used for the first to give it an old grainy look and feel?
    And a slow shutter speed used intentionally for the second shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This was at bunratty castle right? I think I seen you there snapping away.

Anyway, nothing really has a wow effect on me but 1 is good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Of the shots you have presented I like # 1 the most. Good choice to have that in Mono but it's one of those shots where it would benefit from some of the "rules", in this case it would have been a far stronger shot if there had been eye contact. The item in the top left corner is also a distraction.

#2 is just too soft & busy. There is no real subject to focus the interest but rather just a general scene.

#3 Once again could have been a good shot but just falls short. The highlight at the top draws the eye out of the frame. I think you need to see more of the face for it to work & maybe a slightly less tight crop to include more of the jewellery & costume may have worked.

#4 It's a Duck. The feathers seem to be over exposed & lacking detail, it's quite soft & not a strong composition.

#5 I think you need to have the whole bird in the frame or a tight crop on the head with eye contact. This shot is also quite noisy.

Advertisement