Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi - airport run

Options
  • 01-07-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What is the best deal for an airport run? It would be about 4am in the morning. 1 person. If anyone has a good deal could they PM me the number of the driver?

.. just wondering if prices have come down from the €90 of old.

Thanks

CC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Aircoach might be an idea. http://www.aircoach.ie/media/GreystonesTimetableMay2009.pdf

I'd be on the 01:30 at the latest.

Or booking into an airport hotel the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

What Victor said.

€20 return and they run all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Hi,

What is the best deal for an airport run? It would be about 4am in the morning. 1 person. If anyone has a good deal could they PM me the number of the driver?

.. just wondering if prices have come down from the €90 of old.

Thanks

CC

Can you take the Pheasant with you.

Ive PM'ed u btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ToyotaF1

If you really want a taxi instead of the aircoach, I think Ciaran76 was offering taxi services - not sure if this made it to the handy links - you could try PM-ing him

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Thanks.

I'm trying to avoid driving but will do if necessary. The idea is to do it as quick as possible and as easy as possible. Basically it's for work and I can get the bus back but because of the early flight I want to leave as late as poss. So it's a money thing ... can I get a taxi out and bus back that will be the same as me claiming mileage and parking ....

So the aircoach is not a goer. Every hour counts at that time of the morning if you are walking into meetings when you get to then other end.

Will look into the pheasant option :D He'll be up anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Thanks.

I'm trying to avoid driving but will do if necessary. The idea is to do it as quick as possible and as easy as possible. Basically it's for work and I can get the bus back but because of the early flight I want to leave as late as poss. So it's a money thing ... can I get a taxi out and bus back that will be the same as me claiming mileage and parking ....

So the aircoach is not a goer. Every hour counts at that time of the morning if you are walking into meetings when you get to then other end.

Will look into the pheasant option :D He'll be up anyway :D

In the words of Michael Jackson... i'll be there.

(if you need a cab just pm me and i'll give you my number).

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

If you are looking for quality taxi to the airport, Mick O'Rourke is the man for the job [snip]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That reads waaaay too much like an ad to me!

Mick's number is in the useful numbers sticky. That'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I have to say the taxi run was just the job!!

Ciaran67 got me in door to door in about 40 mins. Well worth it at that time of the morning. I got the bus back when time pressure wasn't an issue. I will definitely consider a taxi when it's an early run - and also if there are a few travelling it's not that pricey.

.... warning .... the airport was mental, hugely understaffed, lots of irate passengers with children. I travel regularly and I only just made my flight.

Advertisement