Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me re: Pixmania order at "being prepared" status for days

Options
  • 01-07-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can somebody please advise me what I can do regarding the following:

- I ordered a camera on Sunday from Pixmania (Im aware this was my first mistake!)
    - I am travelling abroad in 3 weeks, and really wanted to have it a week or two in advance to get used to it
    - I have not received the promised email telling me it's being shipped, moreover just getting a "being prepared" status when I track the order (it's "in stock" btw).
    - I called yesterday (Tues) to enquire what was goin on with my order, and was told "Oh it's being prepared, and will be shipped within one hour, and you should have it tomorrow" (In my best French accent). No sign of it obviously.

Im getting really edgy as I really need it for my holliers. What can I do if it goes on much longer? Ive read about the 7 day cooling off period for online purchases; Can I request a refund on these grounds if there's no progress, or does it only apply to after you receive it?

I'm genuinely considerin buyin it bricks and mortar instead and trying to get a refund from Pixmania, but financially would really like to avoid this.

Wat can I do? I would really appreciate any advice that can be offered!

Cheers,

C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Cancel the order: it's Pixmania - you won't see the item for weeks/months, most likely. What was the advertised delivery time?

Use their form to advise them you wish to cancel the order.
    If the order still arrives, (avoid temptation) refuse delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

It was advertised as in-stock and available when I ordered it, and I chose the UPS 24-48 hour delivery option.

Are they really that bad? I thought there'd be no prob and I'd have it by Friday latest, should've done my reasearch, and now Im in a horrible spot :(. I'm gonna call em again in the AM and if there's no sign of status change by 4pm, Ill try and cancel the order*.

*However, when you get to the order tracking screen it says the order can't be cancelled, as they've put the wheels in motion, so I don't know what to do here.

How does the 7 days cooling off work? Do I literally let them deliver it, don't sign, then bounce it back with the UPS man when it's delivered, having bought the camera elsewhere in the mean time? Perhaps I can let them know of my intention of doing this, and hopefully they'll save themselves the return fare and issue the refund immediately...??? I'm expectin the runaround t start the minute I mention a refund.

Cheers for the help so far, anyone else who has any thoughts would also be greatly appreciated...

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

One and only time I used UPS option on Pix was for items that were similarly advertised as in stock. Took 2 weeks for it to arrive, customer service was non existant for the most part and utterly useless otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Google "Alice Walker pixmania" and you should get this womans phone number. Its a french number. She deals with Irish orders. Be polite and be firm with her. Tell her you want it delivered now, or your money back now instead, and dont settle for second best. I'd imagine she's well used to taking calls like this, as pixmania are a shambles, and her number is listed all over the internet.

I like so many fools on here bought a camera off them a while back, and had nothing but trouble with them. They sent me the wrong camera and took nearly 3 months to sort it out. I got my money back in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Agree with baztard above, Alice Walker was the only contact I had with
    Pixmania who was of any use.

I ordered a camera after Christmas, before Canon put up their prices due to
    the £UK/yen rates. After 4 months of not getting the camera (and the price
    of the same camera on their website increasing by a large amount) Pixmania
    refunded me (against my wishes, I still wanted the camera), having had my
    money in their account for 4 months. At least getting on to Alice Walker
    to complain I made sure I got the full amount back.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

consultech wrote: »

How does the 7 days cooling off work? Do I literally let them deliver it, don't sign, then bounce it back with the UPS man when it's delivered, having bought the camera elsewhere in the mean time? Perhaps I can let them know of my intention of doing this, and hopefully they'll save themselves the return fare and issue the refund immediately...??? I'm expectin the runaround t start the minute I mention a refund.

Cheers for the help so far, anyone else who has any thoughts would also be greatly appreciated...

C

To the best of my knowledge...

The 7 day cooling off period allows you to inspect the goods once they have arrived and then change your mind about kepeing them. It is the customers own responsibillity to return the goods and a retailer can deduct the return shipping costs from any refund.

If you refuse the delivery from UPS and send it back to them the retailer can deduct the UPS fee to bring it back from the refund. If you send it off with An Post you won't be reimbursed for the postage costs but will get a full refund. Technically you're only entitled to a refund under the 7 day period when you have received the item and then returned it. The 7 day period only starts when the goods are delivered.

I'm not 100% certain on your legal rights to cancel the transaction before the item has been shipped. It very much depends on the terms and conditions of the contract of sale in the first place. In this case does it say anywhere that in stock items will be shipped within x amount of days etc which would give you grounds to cancel the contract when broken.

But all that said, any retailer told that you will be sending the goods back to them should have the cop on not to get stung by the postage charge and just refund you before it goes out.

UPDATE ON THIS:

OK, so I was being a whiney little bitch, and it arrived at my door at 10am this morning. Obviously they could've sent the dispatch email to allay my worries, but at least I have it now. Looks good so far, I have my couple of weeks now to ge up to speed with it :)

Cheers for all the help guys, at least I've learned a few lessons about choice of retailer and consumer law.

C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Pixmania

consultech wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can somebody please advise me what I can do regarding the following:

- I ordered a camera on Sunday from Pixmania (Im aware this was my first mistake!)
    - I am travelling abroad in 3 weeks, and really wanted to have it a week or two in advance to get used to it
    - I have not received the promised email telling me it's being shipped, moreover just getting a "being prepared" status when I track the order (it's "in stock" btw).
    - I called yesterday (Tues) to enquire what was goin on with my order, and was told "Oh it's being prepared, and will be shipped within one hour, and you should have it tomorrow" (In my best French accent). No sign of it obviously.

Im getting really edgy as I really need it for my holliers. What can I do if it goes on much longer? Ive read about the 7 day cooling off period for online purchases; Can I request a refund on these grounds if there's no progress, or does it only apply to after you receive it?

I'm genuinely considerin buyin it bricks and mortar instead and trying to get a refund from Pixmania, but financially would really like to avoid this.

Wat can I do? I would really appreciate any advice that can be offered!

Cheers,

C.

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the late delivery. We have two types for delivery, a standard delivery for 2-3 working days and an express delivery for 24-48 hours. None of the options deliver during the weekend.

Once the parcel has been dispatched out customers will receive an email with the tracking number and the courier’s Website.

This allows our customers to follow the progress of their delivery.

If a parcel has not been dispatched we are able to cancel and refund your order in full. Once a parcel has been dispatched then we are unable to validate a refund and would advise you to refuse delivery and we would refund you for the item once the parcel has been returned.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care on 0844 369 0372 or by email at
    mediator_uk@pixmania.com

Best regards,

Pixmania Team

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Pixmania wrote: »
    blah blah blah blah
    Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care on 0844 369 0372 or by email at
    mediator_uk@pixmania.com

Best regards,

Pixmania Team

Would it have been so hard to look at the forum you're posting on and supply an Irish number and maybe an Irish mailbox eg mediator_ie ?

Pixmania wrote: »

We apologise for the late delivery. We have two types for delivery, a standard delivery for 2-3 working days and an express delivery for 24-48 hours. None of the options deliver during the weekend.

Once the parcel has been dispatched out customers will receive an email with the tracking number and the courier’s Website.

This allows our customers to follow the progress of their delivery.

If a parcel has not been dispatched we are able to cancel and refund your order in full. Once a parcel has been dispatched then we are unable to validate a refund and would advise you to refuse delivery and we would refund you for the item once the parcel has been returned.

mediator_uk@pixmania.com

Best regards,

Pixmania Team

[/website quote]

Cheers, I guess. Although I wont bitch too much as I got my stuff on time, albeit without the advertised update email. I guess I was one of the lucky ones, going by the horror reviews I've read since making my order.

• Advertisement

Thank you both for your reply.

We apologise for the error.

The email address is for all queries in English.

Our Irish phone number is 0818244100 and we sincerely apologies for the error in posting the UK number..

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.

Best Regards

Team Pixmania.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

has someone actually created a user name representing Pixmania?? God that's a laugh! The worst online company I've ever dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just out of interest what online shops ARE good for ordering cameras? I'm looking for a camcorder and dont want to buy it in a shop as they're a rip off, pixmania has it for a great price but after all the horror stories I wouldnt go near them

Thank you run_Forrest_run for your comments,
    Pixmania has created this account in order to help customers who have unresolved problems.
    Our customer care team is available on 0818244100 or at mediator_uk@pixmania.com

Thank you krudler for your comments.
    If you chose to order from Pixmnai I can assure you our customer care team will take care of your order.
    Our customer care team is available on 0818244100 or at mediator_uk@pixmania.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

krudler wrote: »
    Just out of interest what online shops ARE good for ordering cameras? I'm looking for a camcorder and dont want to buy it in a shop as they're a rip off, pixmania has it for a great price but after all the horror stories I wouldnt go near them

I've used these guys before and thought they were good.

Advertisement