Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor Prices in Naas

Options
  • 01-07-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I have recently been put in a cell for the night for being drunking disorderly. (While sleeping in the back of my car outside my house as the key wouldnt work for me in my drunken state). So I'm expecting a sumons pretty soon. Anyway long story short, will I need a solicitor for this? and if so what sort of price am I looking at? and also which one would be best? Thanks in advance for any help given.
    FC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi all,
    I have recently been put in a cell for the night for being drunking disorderly. (While sleeping in the back of my car outside my house as the key wouldnt work for me in my drunken state). So I'm expecting a sumons pretty soon. Anyway long story short, will I need a solicitor for this? and if so what sort of price am I looking at? and also which one would be best? Thanks in advance for any help given.
    FC
    going by your post i am amazed at you only being charged with being drunk and disorderly for sleeping in the back of your car while drunk, i would have expected something like drunk in charge of a motor vehicle if you were found to have the car keys in your possession. but i feel there may be more to the story than you are relating here.

back to your question you can easily get a solicitor to represent you and they may charge around €100-€150 for this depending how long your case lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'd also wait to see what it says on the summons before deciding whether or not to employ a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I'm surprised the Gardai didn't just let you into your house if you were just asleep in your car.
    Were you charged with anything in the Garda station or did they just open the cell and let you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I'd also wait to see what it says on the summons before deciding whether or not to employ a solicitor.
    you may not even recieve a summons if they decide a night in the cells was punishment enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Mate thats bull**** from the cops...the charge is drunk and disorderly in a public place.

Your car is private. I would challenge this absolutely in Court....:mad:

Any half decent solicitor will get this struck out.

ps Are you sure you remember everything? Were you obnoxious or aggressive to the cops?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

I would suspect there is more to this story than being asleep in the car, why would the guards be waking someone who is asleep in the car, something had to be done to attract the attention of the guards for this to happen.

Did you get agressive after the guards woke you up? If so this would lead to a charge of being drunk and disorderly in a Public Place, nothing to do with being asleep in the car etc.

My understanding (and I am not a solicitor so dont assume I am right) is that the keys must be in the ignition for you to be charged with being drunk in charge of a vehicle.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wait until you receive the summons so you know exactly with what you are being charged. Then you may be eligible for Free Legal Aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

It seems unlikely that you will be charged with anything other than Public Order.

If you were to be charged for say drunk driving etc as you would have been charged in the Garda Station, breathalised and released on Station Bail to appear at the next available District Court date. You have not mentioned this so I assume this didnt happen

If it is just a summons for public disorder then Legal Aid will not be granted. It would not be deemed serious enough.:)

But wait for the Summons which may or may not arrive.

Advertisement