Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

selling out of absolute necessity

• 01-07-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭

Ever been so hard up you've had to sell something of sentimental value to scrape by? I haven't thankfully but with some people slipping further in to the mire I guess it's inevitable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

my beloved penis extender :(

we had some good times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

My ma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

<awaits prostitution joke>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I sold my soul to some fat bollox in a red jacket with a pitch fork.... i think he was a farmer.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There has been an influx of pawn-shop openings recently.

As soon as corner Liquor&Ammo stores start opening I'll rob all those pawn-shops, and the corner liquor&ammo stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Karoma wrote: »
    My ma?

YORE MA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Who's buying though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yore ma. Kinky bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Senna wrote: »
    <awaits prostitution joke>

<Says prostitution joke>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

My ma?

She broke can I get a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Yeap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yeah, my family have had to flog bits of jewellery and stuff.

Once, my dad sold a ring his mother gave him so he could go grocery shopping. It was one of the only momentoes he had of her and I could see it killed him.

Luckily, a few months later I was in a position where I could afford to get it back, so I trcked down the guy and got it. The look on my dad's face was priceless.

Nowadays we shop at lidl so we only have to sell one earring at a time though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

if by "sold something of sentimental value" you mean pimping an elderly relative..
    And by "To scrape by" you actually mean, so that you can afford a few more pints down the pub..

Then no.

<.<
    >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm holding out until my collection of Jalopy mags is worth sticking on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sold a load of vodafone shares a few years back because i was a little stuck, it was to get rid of them but the money helped a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

phasers wrote: »
    Yeah, my family have had to flog bits of jewellery and stuff.

Once, my dad sold a ring his mother gave him so he could go grocery shopping. It was one of the only momentoes he had of her and I could see it killed him.

Luckily, a few months later I was in a position where I could afford to get it back, so I trcked down the guy and got it. The look on my dad's face was priceless.

Nowadays we shop at lidl so we only have to sell one earring at a time though :pac:
    Heartwarming, truly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I imagine it will become the norm for a lot of people soon the way the country is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My ma?
    Not at all funny...but still :D

Advertisement