Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unsubscribe

Options
  • 01-07-2009 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi

Sorry i know this is not an AH issue, but i want to unsubscribe from the site ive tried to figure out how before but cant find out..

Payment is going to be charged after today as subscription ends today and i dont want it to go on another year

Can someone help

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Hi

Can someone help on this, i dont want more money taken out of my account!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You need to do it via PayPal yourself.

Login > My Account > Profile > Recurring Payments.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You need to do it via PayPal yourself.

Login > My Account > Profile > Recurring Payments.

I dont have any recurring payments, im not sure how the money is continiously been taken each year.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Really sorry that this is causing problems for you, I'll have your most recent sub refunded tomorrow when I'm in the office if that's ok? Might be able to poke around and figure out what's wrong.

Your Paypal account is set up to send a recurring payment to Boards.ie, we're not actually *taking* it, technically, hence the complication. I'm not sure if we have a way of refusing or bouncing the payment, but I'll have a dig around tomorow. Usually people have the option of removing the subscription from their paypal account themselves.

Thanks a mill cult - i went into my paypal and there is no reacuring payments so im not too sure whats happened. Hopefully we can resolve this.

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

No problem at all! I've fiddled around with some stuff, you should see the refund in your paypal account shortly. If there's nothing in your recurring payments this shouldn't happen again. If it's ok with you I'll leave you with the benefits of the year sub (without the costs), by some way of amends for the hassle.

Advertisement