Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Records That Changed The World!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Autobahn by Kraftwerk. Number 5. Nice. Although I'd agree about no Tom Waits and I noticed no Aphex Twin, but I suppose as original as Aphex Twin is he'll never really influence pop as much as say Little Richard or T.Rex

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

davylee wrote: »
    Bit of an extreme title ha, changed the world!! whats that about

It is a bit extreme alright. I know what they mean all the same.
    Gnarls Barkley sticks out like a sore thumb, IMHO.

Agree totally. It should be replaced with the masterful Buena Vista Social Club album IMO. This album is an absolute classic (although the live at Carnagie Hall version is even better), an album that generated a revival of interest in traditional Cuban music and Latin American music as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What's the Story changed music far more than Definitely Maybe. Saw so many bands after them try to create a second or third album of just anthems. Severe lack of rap in there as well. 36 Chambers should definitely feature

Advertisement