Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multicoloured moths

Options
  • 02-07-2009 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed lately the amount of different coloured moths around? Maybe theyre butterflies, but ive seen 2 today one all yellow and just now a gorgeous lime green one flew in. Theyre not the size or pattern of "normal" butterflies. I think theyre so pretty. Im not au fait on the difference between butterflies and moths but just thought id ask :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

Saw two different bright yellow moths on Wednesday night. One was large with no markings and the other was smaller with brown markings.

Gorgeous things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Haven't noticed the moths but I did have two lovely mosquito bites when I got back from running the dogs in the park last night. Litter bugger went up my jeans all the way to my knee before it decided it was chow time.

Still it was an excuse for a gin & tonic to ward off the malaria :D

Advertisement