Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 02-07-2009 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey all,

A friend unfortunately got let go recently and only got a week's notice so is looking shaky to pay the bills the next few months as is gonna be tough to get another job in his line of work - anyway currently he's applying for job seeker's allowance and also rent allowance and I was just helping him out with some of the paperwork.

He's sharing with three other guys, just friends, who all can pay the rent, so he's the only one needing rent allowance and landlord is happy enough to take it - but for the paperwork he has to give in all the details of the other tenants - names etc. but also their PPS numbers. I'm just wondering why they need the PPS numbers of the other tenants as they are completely unrelated to him so should have no impact on his ability to pay?

I may be missing something really obvious but it seems like they don't need that information to me?

Thanks for shedding any light!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As far as I can tell, the "who you live with" box means partners, boyfriends, girlfriends, wives, husbands, etc. It's a case of "if your wife gets €2500 a month, do you need the rent allowance"?

As your mate is in a house, renting a room, I don't think the others details comes into it, as they are not supporting him. Check out citizensinformation.ie for more info, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect putting in "N/A" would be acceptable.

Advertisement