Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thunderstruck !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

the leak in my ceilin just got worse, way worse :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Ivona Tinkle

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    No way its all about the Lightning.

Its the both together that make it magnificent imo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 philipadams1

Guys check that link out. It shows you where the lightning is and has struck. Im watching it closely with a friend. its useful. The thunder and lightning is still flashing and crashing away. The rain is unbelievable. Flash floods are certain. according to my friend whom im talking to on MSN says the N11 is flooded lol.:p:p:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Guys check that link out. It shows you where the lightning is and has struck. Im watching it closely with a friend. its useful. The thunder and lightning is still flashing and crashing away. The rain is unbelievable. Flash floods are certain. according to my friend whom im talking to on MSN says the N11 is flooded lol.:p:p:p:p:p

how is Naas for driving in ? as in RSA Driving test ???:pac:

mine is later !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

robbie_998 wrote: »
    how is Naas for driving in ? as in RSA Driving test ???:pac:

mine is later !!!
    Probably best Get the wellies out. :cool:

DubMedic wrote: »
    Probably best Get the wellies out. :cool:

lovely :eek:

OUCH! hope the weather picks up for you. Im only 17 so im not going any driving test anytime soon! best of luck :D:cool::P

OUCH! hope tohe weather picks up for you. Im only 17 so im not going any driving test anytime soon! best of luck :D:cool::P

im 17 myself buddy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Weather looks nice enough for a barbeque......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Tell your mate to stop MSN'ing and concentrate on the road.

• Advertisement

lovely :eek:
    Im not actually sure what the roads are like around Naas atm , but surely the main arteries wouldn't be too bad.

hahah!! thats good one reganio. nah hes at his computer down in "sunny" wexford. im too lazy to take my driving test. What do you drive/ plan on driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I enjoyed it, I was out in the porch taking photo's for composite HDR.

Couldn't get anything of the lightning though, didn't have enough card space for continuous photography.

DFTT.

well i guess theres only one way too find out

whats a good one ? im trying to think of ways to make the tester **** himself without me failing

its in Naas and by the looks of it its gonna be a '08 Opel Corsa

worst part is i didnt get any sleep yet :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

wheres the vids artanevilla?

Tom Co. Can i ask what camera you use? currently myself, I have a Nikkon D60 with an 18-55mm lens attached. Getting myself A 55-200mm lense tomorrow from Argos for €210 which will help me fulfil my aviation photography passion. :p:D;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Average video at best, but great at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4tvgmcGu4Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheridan

Just had a power blackout here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Drink is bad artanevilla

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Drink is bad artanevilla

We'll see tomorrow morning, two more to come...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

Like thunder and lightning
    God damn, its so exciting
    It hits you like a hammer
    God damn

but damn - that **** was loud!

I'll lash the last one up tomorrow, arguably the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the telly and lights keep flashing. hopefully there is more to come

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Tom Co. Can i ask what camera you use? currently myself, I have a Nikkon D60 with an 18-55mm lens attached. Getting myself A 55-200mm lense tomorrow from Argos for €210 which will help me fulfil my aviation photography passion. :p:D;)

In that case I don't think you'd be impressed with my camera!

Its a Panasonic DMC-TZ1 I got for the parents, I couldn't really justify anything more expensive. Its letting me down big time since I started working on my HDR related MSc. dissertation since it doesnt have a full manual exposure mode.

I have to exploit the laws of reciprocity to control exposure figures to any degree and even then the high ISO settings needed for dark scenes make the images near useless.

I just have to work up the courage to ask TCD to loan me something nice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Sheridan wrote: »
    Just had a power blackout here.

Just had a drink blackout here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I enjoyed that storm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Scien wrote: »
    Incredible display over D6 from about 03.55 to 04.15.

I think one must have been just above my house as there was no time delay and it sounded like the lightning you'd hear in a cartoon! Was afraid to even touch my mobile to check the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Had it here around 5am. Loudest thunder I think I've ever heard.

The dogs still hiding in the hot-press

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

pelacho wrote: »
    **** yeah. its proper now in crumlin. about 7 seconds delay

No, calm down people of Crumlin, there was no thunder and lightening there last night, just a few o' da boys and their pipe bombs

F*ckin' Deadly Bud. What,what!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

What's with all the "ooh thunder is awesome" posts.

This thread needs more "stupid thunder" posts: ;)

Stupid thunder woke me up. :p
    Loudest i've ever heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I saw and heard nothing last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

the worst thing about the storms of last night was the fact that RTE were advising peple this morning not to leave their houses unless it was necessary and to avoid any unnecessary travel. What a load of crap, why is it that the weather completely grinds this country to a halt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I woke up this morning completely oblivious as to what was going on during the night....ended up a half an hour late as the Ballymun Road is cordoned off on one side & gardai are redirecting traffic. No even hot gardai out:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

for simple reason that cars travel out in floods and then get stuck. thats why they tell people not to travel unless they have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I love Thunder and Lightening,its great craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

So that's what woke me up last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

well i guess theres only one way too find out

whats a good one ? im trying to think of ways to make the tester **** himself without me failing

its in Naas and by the looks of it its gonna be a '08 Opel Corsa

worst part is i didnt get any sleep yet :eek:

Good luck today robbie,and let us know how you get on.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

One really loud crack woke me up at 4 or 5 this morning, sounded like a massive tree falling. Just as well I did wake up because the rain was starting to piss in the bedroom window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

I was working through the night and the the office is in the attic. Pretty scary stuff every time there was lightning. I only had a desk lamp on and each time there was lightning the whole room would light up!

The bangs were so loud too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wow, there was one particular +CG strike here at about 5am this morning out over the sea...I was already awake from the rain and caught the flash....5 seconds later the loudest peal of thunder I've ever heard in my life , including plenty of severe T storms I've witnessed in tropical regions. Sounded more like a bomb.
    Think we might be on for a few rumbles later this afternoon on the east coast too...but nothing like last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Seemed to pass over quite quick here, or else I slept through most of it, but was pretty stormy for a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

seamus wrote: »

http://timesonline.typepad.com/style/images/2007/10/19/gimp_3.jpg

??

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I ran into my housemates room and said "Hey remember that bit in Poltergeist with the kid counting the seconds between the flashes and the thunder and then.... the clown got him!"

She scares easy. I'm a bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

seamus wrote:

Save it for the Gardai Seamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Everyone around here in Clondalkin is talking about it like it's such a huge thing

I slept through it no bother, my window was open and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

It was going mental in Dublin 6w last night, all the crashing and booming woke me up but then the noises somehow soothed me back to sleep again. It was very pleasant altogether! My OH disagrees though, the big grumpy sleep deprived head on him this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

The thunder and lightning was cool, even though it woke me up around 3.30ish. However, the subsequent alarms that went off were a nightmare - and some stupid lazy f*****s decided not to get up and turn them off. I'm now very cranky as a result of my sleep deprivation! God help said lazy individuals if I see them this evening.

Advertisement