Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thunderstruck !

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

cosmic wrote: »
    It was going mental in Dublin 6w last night, all the crashing and booming woke me up but then the noises somehow soothed me back to sleep again. It was very pleasant altogether! My OH disagrees though, the big grumpy sleep deprived head on him this morning!

Yeah I'm in Terenure a the moment and it was pretty mad. Was awake for most of it, mainly coz of the wife being a wee bit scared. We were in Thailand last year on our honeymoon and the rain there during the monsoons wasnt as bad as last night. Epic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

holly1 wrote: »
    Good luck today robbie,and let us know how you get on.;)

Failed !

not because of weather but because of a prick of a tester...

2 pre-tests and they were perfect not a problem but the tester failed me after 15mins marking me down for things i didnt do and then went home straight away ! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Failed !

not because of weather but because of a prick of a tester...

2 pre-tests and they were perfect not a problem but the tester failed me after 15mins marking me down for things i didnt do and then went home straight away ! :mad:

Sorry to hear that. Was the tester the tall guy with dark hair going grey?

s

convert wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Was the tester the tall guy with dark hair going grey?

s

he was... completely unfair. he also had glasses

good guess how did you know ?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I did my test there and my instructor told me if I got him to be really careful as he was a stickler!

When I'd finished my test, literally just as I was turning off the engine, he had the cheek to ask me how many times I'd done my test! He was gobsmacked when I said it was my first test! I passed so it didn't bother me hugely, but I'd have gone mental if he'd failed me...

Oh, and he gave me ticks for stuff I don't do, too. My instructor ripped it up they were so annoyed with him!

Sorry to hear that you failed, but when you do your test again you can't be so unlucky as to have him again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I almost got struck by lightning the other night had I stayed outside for 30 seconds more... where lightning struck just right outside my house. Scared the crap out of me - thought something exploded, rattling all me doors and windows rather violently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I had an awful tester like that the first time I did my test, my instructor tore my sheet up aswell!!!The second time round I applied for the same test centre but my instructor told me that if she came into the room just to put my head down & let someone go with her instead....myself & the girl that went with her arrived back at the same time....she failed, I passed.
    I did my test there and my instructor told me if I got him to be really careful as he was a stickler!

When I'd finished my test, literally just as I was turning off the engine, he had the cheek to ask me how many times I'd done my test! He was gobsmacked when I said it was my first test! I passed so it didn't bother me hugely, but I'd have gone mental if he'd failed me...

Oh, and he gave me ticks for stuff I don't do, too. My instructor ripped it up they were so annoyed with him!

Sorry to hear that you failed, but when you do your test again you can't be so unlucky as to have him again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

dsmythy wrote: »

Jesus that's pretty bad. I'd say there's an emerging market for lightning rods for one off homes in those kinds of area.

On the subject of being struck, I was on holiday in the channel islands when I was young...me and my cousin (we were about 10) were in the hotel pool when an afternoon storm rolled in...parents came out and told us to come inside...we were literally out of the pool 2 minutes when a huge flash lit up the lobby...the pool was after being either struck or a nearby strike earthed in it's direction...you could see the steam rising off the water for moments afterwards. The bopom was deafening at that short a distance. I'm not too sure on the science but I reckon we'd have been sizzled had we still been swimming...

Wertz wrote: »
    the pool was after being either struck or a nearby strike earthed in it's direction...you could see the steam rising off the water for moments afterwards. The bopom was deafening at that short a distance. I'm not too sure on the science but I reckon we'd have been sizzled had we still been swimming...

Most lightening strike survivors were soaking wet at the time of the strike, but you'd have probably drowned as the strike would have rendered you unconsious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

he was... completely unfair. he also had glasses

good guess how did you know ?:eek:
    took me four tests to get mine. you have to be patient. any section where you did particularly bad in.

I just love it when a thread has two completely separate discussions going on in it. :)

yeah he was a right oul sod..... he gave me loads of ticks for things i didnt do and as a result i failed and my instructor was calling him every name under the sun.

funny enough he never even gave me a grade 1 ! he was just set out to fail me ! with 9 grade 2's and 3 grade 3's and theres no way i deserved all that when i only made 4 mistakes at max and they were no where near grade 2's except one.

my instructor told me to go and report him for bad testing that it was completely unfair and lasted less than 15 mins.

walked into the office and was called in at 3:45 (i was the last one) signed all the stuff passed all the questions / checks and was back at the test center at 4:00 exactly ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

yeah he was a right oul sod..... he gave me loads of ticks for things i didnt do and as a result i failed and my instructor was calling him every name under the sun.

funny enough he never even gave me a grade 1 ! he was just set out to fail me ! with 9 grade 2's and 3 grade 3's and theres no way i deserved all that when i only made 4 mistakes at max and they were no where near grade 2's except one.

my instructor told me to go and report him for bad testing that it was completely unfair and lasted less than 15 mins.

walked into the office and was called in at 3:45 (i was the last one) signed all the stuff passed all the questions / checks and was back at the test center at 4:00 exactly ! :eek:
    trick is to work on your faults from last test. category a faults are ones to avoid. end of the day its all common sense, how you interact with other traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Thunderbump

anyone else hear it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Thunderbump

anyone else hear it?

You must be up around my way. Been a few rumbles and flashes the last half hour. More to ccome hopefully...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thunderbumping.
    Now that's a t-shirt slogan I could buy into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Couple of vids of the late nighter a couple weeks back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezMMpq6qQvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAjmPlnGaAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Anyone hear it again? South Dublin

Advertisement