Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nós*

Options
  • 02-07-2009 7:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

An bhfuil Nós* ar fáil in aon áit i mBellfield, nó i lár na catrach? má tá, cén áit?
    go raibh maith agaibh!

Is Nós* availible anywhere in bellfield, or in the city city? if so. where?
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

Brón orm, Conchubhar, ach ba mhaith liom a rá gur rud iontach é an Ghaeilge a fheicáil ar mBoards!

Ar ais go dtí do cheist, bfheidir feicheidh anseo don freagra?

Brón orm faoi mo chuid Ghaeilge, daoine, ach nílim chomh líofa mar a raibh mé cúpla blian ó shin. Saghas lofa, b'fheidir...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

fadhb ar bith

go raibh maith agat - tá do gaeilge go maith, comh maith!
    no problem
    thanks - your irish is good, aswel
    above poster said: ''sorry, conchubhar, but i would like to say that its great to see irish on boards!
    back to your question, maybe you'll see your answer here?
    sorry for my irish, people, but im not so fluent as i was a few years ago. kinda rotten, maybe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Raphael wrote: »
    Posting in languages other than english is perfectly allowed in the UCD forum, however if you make a post which contains any signifigant amount of another language, be it Gaeilge Nihongo or Ig-pay Atin-lay, must contain a translation into English.

While we do apologise for any inconvenience incurred, if we can't read it, we don't know what's in there, and therefore we don't know if it breaches the rules laid out above.

To conclude - If it's not in english, translate it to english and write the translation underneath or it will be removed.

Might want to fix that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Googling could have probably answered his question, but I reckon he wouldn't have felt special then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Sir Humphrey

Raphael,

If you are requesting people to translate to English when they post in a different language, by implication you are not willing to trust them to not post something outrageous in the other language. In a sense this is fair enough.

But then why are you willing to trust them to provide a genuine translation if you don't trust them to post exclusively in the other language in the first instance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Because while my Irish isn't good enough to translate large passages of text, it is good enough to let me see that one thing is actually a translation of another.

passive wrote: »
    Googling could have probably answered his question, but I reckon he wouldn't have felt special then...

thanks for your useful comment ................ :rolleyes:

do you now feel ''special''? the word you used, not incinuating anything

why i made this thread was to see if anyone had got it in ucd - as i didnt see it on the newspaper stand in the students centre shop
    granted there was only a few newspapers there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

do you know feel ''special''? the word you used, not incinuating anything

I don't "know feel" a whole bunch of things, actually... How does one "know feel?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

passive wrote: »
    I don't "know feel" a whole bunch of things, actually... How does one "know feel?"

This is the typical UCD forum poster. So full of ****. You sir, are a dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Banned for personal abuse.

• Advertisement

simple mistake - now corrected

has anyone seen or bought nós in the shops in ucd?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I never saw it in the shop in Merville,though I wasn't really looking tbh.Not sure about the SU shop.Although they certainly do have some obscure enough papers,for example,I kept seeing the Clare People in Centra.It doesn't really make much sense to have that in a Dublin college!:confused:

ah ye centra

they might have it - they had foinse so...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

Banned for personal abuse.

May I be the first to say.. There's Always One!

Oh, and thanks for providing the translation, Conchubar, sorry I forgot to add it myself.

no bother - i would prefer not having to translate but hey, sin mar atá

that poster said what i was feeling tbh......

Advertisement