Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Commuters!

Options
  • 02-07-2009 8:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

*TRAVEL NEWS* *IRISH RAIL* There are no DARTs running in either direction between Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey because of flooding on the line. Dublin Bus are honouring all rail tickets. This will also affect Gorey Commuter services.

**FLOODING** * The M50 southbound has fully reopened between J12 Firhouse and J14 Leopardstown following flooding. Gardai are on point duty. M50 Northbound is moving well for now.

*SOUTHSIDE* Conditions are beginning to improve on the southside routes. * The N11 northbound has reopened at the Booterstown Ave jct following flooding at Fosters Ave. Particular care is needed when merging from the Wyattville Rd onto the N11. * Flooding is subsiding on the Rock Rd at the Garda Station, between the Tara Towers Hotel and the Merrion Gates and on the Merrion Rd at the left turn for Nutley Lane. * Flooding is beginning to subside around Dun Laoghaire. *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

*TRAVEL NEWS* *IRISH RAIL* There are no DARTs running in either direction between Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey because of flooding on the line. Dublin Bus are honouring all rail tickets. This will also affect Gorey Commuter services.

**FLOODING** * The M50 southbound has fully reopened between J12 Firhouse and J14 Leopardstown following flooding. Gardai are on point duty. M50 Northbound is moving well for now.

*SOUTHSIDE* Conditions are beginning to improve on the southside routes. * The N11 northbound has reopened at the Booterstown Ave jct following flooding at Fosters Ave. Particular care is needed when merging from the Wyattville Rd onto the N11. * Flooding is subsiding on the Rock Rd at the Garda Station, between the Tara Towers Hotel and the Merrion Gates and on the Merrion Rd at the left turn for Nutley Lane. * Flooding is beginning to subside around Dun Laoghaire. *

Was the rain that heavy this morning?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

It doesn't look that bad out there. Crap, i'm gonna be late for work :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I travelled the M50 northbound a little earlier, and it was absolutely fine. looked ok southbount. No idea what the N11 is like beyond the M11 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

N11 isn't too bad. Reported flooding at top of Booterstown Ave and bottom of Fosters Ave at their respective junctions with N11 already cleared when I passed them at 8am.

No flooding between SAR junction to N11 and Sandyford exit of M50 either.

Traffic moving quite well around south city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Was the rain that heavy this morning?! :eek:
    Didn't you hear it this morning? Around 3ish, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Didn't you hear it this morning? Around 3ish, I think.

Nope, didnt even hear the pheasant.

Just like the great hurricane in the UK in October '87. Didnt hear a thing all night. Woke up to the most unreal damage everywhere. Got on a bus and after no movement for about an hour got off at Clapham Junction... just as my new boss from the Daily Express was getting on. Great timing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Sandeman

Drove earlier on to the city centre (to get there for 8am) and took me more or less the usual time . Radio was talking about flooding on the N11 around Stilorgan so took alternative route via Rock Road, which incidentally was also flooded, however gards were redirecting traffic and went smoothly. I'd imagine that around now or later it might get a bit slower though as traffic gets heavier, but all in all not too bad.
    A lot of reports of traffic badly affected on M50 northbound.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Services Back to Normal Delays of upto 20mins thow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Services Back to Normal Delays of upto 20mins thow
    So basically completely back to normal then?:pac:

Advertisement