Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Lizzy finished???

• 02-07-2009 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Just got word that John Sykes has left Lizzy and there in limbo now as the drummer has a broken collar bone, and with Sykes gone now could this be the end of Thin Lizzy (dejavu or what)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

http://blogs.myspace.com/thinlizzynow
    Thin Lizzy guitarist and main stay, Scott Gorham:‘Its been a very tough time of late for the band and myself, firstly with drummer Tommy Aldridge’s injury and now the subsequent decision for John and the rest of the group to go their separate ways. I can only apologize to everyone who has supported us over the years, but we will be back up to full speed soon’.

Scott Gorham intends to announce future plans for Thin Lizzy shortly. All Thin Lizzy shows confirmed for 2009 will be cancelled or postponed until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

djScarey wrote: »
    Thin Lizzy guitarist and main stay, Scott Gorham:‘Its been a very tough time of late for the band and myself, firstly with drummer Tommy Aldridge’s injury and now the subsequent decision for John and the rest of the group to go their separate ways. I can only apologize to everyone who has supported us over the years, but we will be back up to full speed soon’.

Scott Gorham intends to announce future plans for Thin Lizzy shortly. All Thin Lizzy shows confirmed for 2009 will be cancelled or postponed until further notice.

Angry mobs confirmed for Marley Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Thats a pity, seen them 3 times with Sykes on vocals. Awesome shows.

I read somewhere that he put Blue Murder back together (great news in itself) with Tony Franklin on bass and Carmine Appice on drums?? Surely he could have waited until this tour was over. Lots of disappointed fans over the timing.

Any outside bets, he could re join Whitesnake??:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'll be honest, Thin Lizzy finished when Lynott died...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

seachto7 wrote: »

Very true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I don't normally subscribe to the notion that a band has finished when an iconic frontman/guitarist leaves/dies but it's most definitely true in lizzys case imo.,philo defined Thin lizzy.

it just seems like if , imagine, james hetfield died tomorrow, that kirk hammett took over the vocals...

saying that , didn't corrosion of conformity do it with pepper keenan, when the original singer left...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

&-E wrote: »
    Angry mobs confirmed for Marley Park.

Especially if the Blizzards replace them on the bill:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the real reason i am upset is that now we will have to hear, metallica playing their karaoke version of whiskey again...i would much prefer a number of songs off garage inc over that song again! last year they sounded like they were just goin through the motions on that song!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

+1, ye its a sad joke thesedays, just let it go and don't tarnish the name....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Quoted for truth, a revolving door of glorified session musicians since 1983

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Ha some coincidence, i was at the docs today and when i told him i was from crumlin ( my reg doc is on holidays) that was one of the first things he said "all good lads come from crumlin, look at phillo thin lizzy died on its arse when he died"

I agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

deisedude wrote: »
    Especially if the Blizzards replace them on the bill:D

Jebus no no no please no, hopefully AIC get a bigger set time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

it just seems like if , imagine, james hetfield died tomorrow, that kirk hammett took over the vocals...

saying that , didn't corrosion of conformity do it with pepper keenan, when the original singer left...?

I laughed at that I must say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Jebus no no no please no, hopefully AIC get a bigger set time

They should be on before that Avenged Sevenfold band, ****ing disgrace if they're not.

gucci wrote: »
    I laughed at that I must say!

yeah, i contradicted myself :rolleyes::), but at what stage of a bands career is it right? I suppose COC are better known as having Pepper singing.

If Angus Young started singing when Bon Scott died, would it have been the same....???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

robby^5 wrote: »
    They should be on before that Avenged Sevenfold band, ****ing disgrace if they're not.

Do you not mean after? Im pretty sure they are on before them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I'm happy if it means more Blue Murder :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

the real reason i am upset is that now we will have to hear, metallica playing their karaoke version of whiskey again...i would much prefer a number of songs off garage inc over that song again! last year they sounded like they were just goin through the motions on that song!

thats our own fault.

one song in (and you can guarantee it will be the same this year) and the moronic "whiskey" chants start.

i just wish turn the page was so catchy to chant!

Advertisement