Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Precision Barrell Massivly dropping FPS

Options
  • 02-07-2009 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I recently ordered a precision barrel (Element 510mm) and whatever *edited* "Airsoft Appliance" i install it in the fps drops by about 80 - 120!!! I am fitting it correctly (Although i had no Fun trying it in a DBOYS scar)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

McShape

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

510 is a semi lon g barrel, what aegs are you installing it in? say for example your dboys scar that normally runs with a cqd barrel and i believe a vented cylinder, you may simply have the volume of air in the cylinder needed to maintain velocity until it exits the barrel...

this all depends on the other types of aeg you have been trying to install it in, the other option is its simply a crap barrel, could be bent, badly finished, none consistent internal diam inter, the crowning at the end of the barrel could be bad, all these could cause friction robing you of fps.

Not knowing any more details i would go with dodgy barrel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah it sounds like the problem can be the cylinder isnt compatable with such a long barrel,

could also be sh1t BBs if its a particualrly tight barrel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Puding wrote: »
    510 is a semi lon g barrel, what aegs are you installing it in? say for example your dboys scar that normally runs with a cqd barrel and i believe a vented cylinder, you may simply have the volume of air in the cylinder needed to maintain velocity until it exits the barrel...

this all depends on the other types of aeg you have been trying to install it in, the other option is its simply a crap barrel, could be bent, badly finished, none consistent internal diam inter, the crowning at the end of the barrel could be bad, all these could cause friction robing you of fps.

Not knowing any more details i would go with dodgy barrel
    Masada wrote: »
    yeah it sounds like the problem can be the cylinder isnt compatable with such a long barrel,

Well it turns out it was down to it being my first time stripping my AEG's
    Puding - It was installed first in a CA M15, Then a DBOYs Scar
    Masada - You Could be right on the compatability

I think the long and the short of it is that by installing it i wasnt able to get the air seal back as good as it should have been... Time to drop it into the Experts!!! :(

Said Broken Gun(s) is now in with the expert in Eirsoft.ie
    (that enough brown nosing for ya richie?)

Looking forward to getting it back just a lil more gucci.... :cool:

well got it back from eirsoft.ie and it turns out the barrel i bought was crap, however richie was able to do a bang on job sorting it out, Firing beautifully averaging around 315fps and massive range!

Lesson to be learned, when buying something like a barrel upgrade, go the extra tenner and buy the proper kit!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol, would ya believe i saw another one with similar problem today. :D

your other gun is sorted too btw tim. :)

Lol popular problem!
    BTW Thanks Masada the other gun is shooting sweet now!, Mucho Thanks Dude!

lol, would ya believe i saw another one with similar problem today. :D

your other gun is sorted too btw tim. :)

Advertisement