Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE8 Problem

• 02-07-2009 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

I am typing this in Chrome because in IE8 I cannot input into any of the input fields. I can click on buttons but if I go to Boards for example login and password fields are protected. I have searched on the internet and haven't seen a solution. It will probably turn out to be something simple (I Hope). I have un-installed IE8 and re- installed it, still the same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

I found since I installed IE8 that it doesn't remember my log-in. Anyone else got this problem? Sometimes, even when I log in, it returns me to the same page, but not logged in.

I have gone over all my privacy and security settings and can't see anything that would cause this.

So yes - I'm typing this in Mozilla. Typical Microsoft - we're beta testing here folks.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

just keep IE7 installed for auto windows updates but don't use it for browsing. Firefox is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Boards works fine for me with IE8 on XP SP3

Do you have any thord party password or form managers installed? Try disabling these under tools - Manage Add Ons.

You could also try turning on compatibility mode - although I don't have to do this.

Brian

Advertisement