Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur Guinness Competition!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 02-07-2009 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi Everyone!!

Just wondering dose anyone here know the exact details of the competition.I mean in terms of entry, I know you do that on the Guinness website but how do you win is it random selection??ha.Anyway I know the chances of winning are next to none its nice to dream though!!ha
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Unreal, the competition to win a trip to space is not open to Irish entrants.
    http://www2.guinness.com/en-IE/Pages/250-experiences_detail.aspx#a

Edit:
    Although it says here that it is but when I click to enter it says not open to this country. (And my ISP is Irish)
    The Promotion is open to residents of Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Portugal, Singapore, Spain and the Canary Islands, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom and all states of the United States of America except California and Utah (the "Participating Countries") of legal drinking age in their country, state or province of residence.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I entered last night. The website has been slow though and first time round it said I wasn't of the legal age so give it another try maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pk88

if that is true and irish people are not allowed to enter it is very unfair.Although I wouldnt be surprised if it was a hoax by guinness to just sell more of the black stuff!!HA.I doubt it is though!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

If people can't find Ireland on the drop down list of countries it's because you are looking too far down. Ireland is listed at the top, not where you would expect to find it in Alphabetical order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Wouldn't work for me yesterday. Then they sent me a mail today saying the site was fixed, but it still wasn't working:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

This is incredible. I'm telling everyone I know even though it decreases my odds because this is such a good idea and the companies involved deserve support.

Hopefully this kind of thing becomes more popular over the decades and I might actually have a chance to go to space in my lifetime :eek:

Advertisement