Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veet..

Options
  • 02-07-2009 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

morning ladies,
    has anyone here ever used veet and how did you find it? I just saw an ad that claims it keeps stubble away for 2 weeks... is that true? sounds amazing :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

Yes me a Man

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

It does work. How long the hair stays away depends upon your individual re-growth. I would say two weeks is a little optimistic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

morning ladies,
    has anyone here ever used veet and how did you find it? I just saw an ad that claims it keeps stubble away for 2 weeks... is that true? sounds amazing :p

The wax strips or the cream you wash off?

I'd be very skeptical about the cream giving a 2 week effect. Last time I used it it was back as quick as shaving. It dissolves the hair at the skin not the root.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Well, maybe it's improved in recent years, but anytime I used it I found it to be fairly smelly and messy and it totally fecks up my skin.

You don't get any stubble, because you haven't shaved, but from my recollection you don't have completely smooth legs for two full weeks either. You get fine regrowth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

shellyboo wrote: »
    Well, maybe it's improved in recent years, but anytime I used it I found it to be fairly smelly and messy and it totally fecks up my skin.

Yeah, if you've got sensitive skin, avoid it. I used it back when it was immac, and the mammy didn't want me falling down the slippery slope of shaving, and it left me with burned underarms. Yeowch.

Epilators are the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Liquorice wrote: »
    the mammy didn't want me falling down the slippery slope of shaving

LOL My Mam is the same, she's totally anti-shaving, threw a fit when I first shaved my legs with a disposable razor when I was 14. It felt so nice, I could never go back to the hairy legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

morning ladies,

I've tried the strips and the cream variously over the years when they bring out new "improvements" but none of them has worked for me.

I find the strips break the hairs, as opposed to pulling them out from the root. I must have very fine hair or something. Cream is too messy and time-consuming with limited success, so I stick to shaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think it should be taken off the market, to be honest!

There's been countless complaints on the fashion and appearance thread!

It sounds like a miracle product, but it smells awful, it dries out your skin, it gives most people a red rash and the results don't live up to its claims.

Awful stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Ìts awful stuff altogether. Altho I do use their wax, seems ok but I might try something else as Im not sure just how great it is.

The cream stuff just seems to smell bad, messy and gives you a rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I also haven't used it in a while . . . From what I remember, not only did the cream smell awful, but I also needed to use quite a bit of it to remove the hair from my legs. The hair certainly regrew quickly enough, so it wasn't very cost effective, either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

I use it for my bikini line, regrowth appears after about 5 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I use for my bikini line too, in spite of it being messy and smelly, shaving is a no no there, so itchy!!! Have had a few delightful 'burning' incidents usually when I'm in a rush, end up burning myself before the OH comes over and then no fun for anyone :(

Thinkin of switching to waxing tbh but I'm a bit nervous about the pain aspect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Tried the cream for sensitive skin on my legs before and within three minutes had to run to the shower to wash off the burning :mad: The same thing happened to my sister and friend, don't know how it's still being sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

I destroyed my armpits with this crap it was so sore I couldn't wear deodorant for weeks never again! It should not be on the market at all!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

dearg lady wrote: »
    Thinkin of switching to waxing tbh but I'm a bit nervous about the pain aspect!

It's not that bad -- why do you think so many of us keep going back? :p

If you're nervous about it, you can take a couple of over the counter pain relievers before you get waxed; it'll help.

I used either this or Nair 'for sensitive skin' and totally burned my skin! was so sore and looked awful for days and I don't even have sensitive skin normally. I either use the Boots brand hair removers or just shave. What are the wax strips like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

SeekUp wrote: »
    It's not that bad -- why do you think so many of us keep going back? :p

If you're nervous about it, you can take a couple of over the counter pain relievers before you get waxed; it'll help.

Yeah, I did think well if people keep doing it it can't be tooooo bad lol. Think might try legs first, how long does the hair have to be for waxing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

It works perfect for me (Veet sensitive cream in this big blue bottle) and I am fairly sensitive to chemicals so I guess everybody's different. I much prefer it to waxing (leaves big red marks on me).

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

trish990 wrote: »
    I use it for my bikini line, regrowth appears after about 5 days.

I totally missed the part on the pack where it said you could use it for your bikini line, that's great, must start buying it again.

thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Red Tempest

I use the sensitive skin 5 minute cream, never has burned me. But the hair grows back as quick as shaving, though a bit less stubbly. Definitely don't last 2 weeks! must be the wax strips, and even thats stretching it a bit I think. I like using it. Does smell a bit funky tho :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
Advertisement