Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI football this weekend, July 3 - 5

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sarge wrote: »
    I heard the Cork fans bought Doolin a pint ? Any more on the rumour of Doolin getting a full pint thrown over him ?

Ya, that happened alright

The stupid bastard is further alienating himself every second. Interview on the radio earlier

"There's a stupidity down here that you have to have a go and attack".

"There's a history down here of dominating and not winning games".

Dub out. Pity he did not stay in County Drogheda with one of the teams there as his epic style of bitterness would be beloved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

You sacked a great manager last year and replaced him with a rubbish manager that only won the league by spending €3 million a year what did you think was going to happen?

I sacked no one. I was no fan of Mathews, but christ he is so much better than this tool. Our chairman beloeved that the Dub was the answer. It was pretty much the first time all City fans have been in agreement in years that it was a shocking appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

gimmick wrote: »
    I sacked no one. I was no fan of Mathews, but christ he is so much better than this tool. Our chairman beloeved that the Dub was the answer. It was pretty much the first time all City fans have been in agreement in years that it was a shocking appointment.

Sacking Rico was the biggest mistake. The man won us the league and had just won us the FAI cup and Arkaga gave him the sack.

That was just plain retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

When i said "you" I obviously didn't mean you personally i meant you plural as in Cork City. If I had of said "ye" would you have understood better?

I actually like Cork as a club. Like I have posted earlier big support and nice tidy ground and an alternative from the Dublin teams. It would seem that you have 2 clowns in charge one on the field and one off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I don't think anybody is surprised.

UCD fans hate him.

I dont know what Drogs fans think but for all the success they were never an attractive team to watch and creative players never flourished under him.

From the very start i never felt he was embracing Cork. And after those comments he is going to find it hard to get back on the right side of support.

Sacking Rico was the biggest mistake. The man won us the league and had just won us the FAI cup and Arkaga gave him the sack.

That was just plain retarded.

Despite my being a Rico fan, I think he had come to the end when he was let go. His transfer dealings were appalling, he never replaced the big players we lost like Bennett, Doyle, George, Long, Roy. He signed rubbish like Vinny Sulliva, Willie Bruton and Brian O Callaghan and he passed up the cahnce to sign the likes of Guy Bates, Ryan Guy and John Fitzgerald to name but 3.
    It would seem that you have 2 clowns in charge one on the field and one off the field.

Its a hard time to support the club. The chairman is a delusional idealist and the dub I am convinced is trying to ruin the club from the inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Behan is just rubbish. The sooner everyone realises that the better. How many points must he cost us because he cannot finish a one on one? As for Silgalis, I genuinely feel sorry for the guy. He is clearly out of his depth, everyone can see this, but the pigheaded dub on the sideline will not give in. Sooner he fúks off back from where he came from the better. Not wanted anywhere enar the club or indeed the City as a whole.

Not doubting that, but what other options do we have up front at the minute :/

I felt sorry for the amount of abuse Guntars was getting from the Derrynane side, "F**k off home" etc. and the talk of him from people I passed when I was walking back last night (although I think Guy's hairstyle got about as much abuse :pac:). I lost count of how many times he ended up falling or tripping over himself :(

As for the pint being poured over Doolin, didn't see it myself but just think it's fairly disgraceful behaviour, especially when he was supposed to have been with family members at the time! Whatever people think about the guy is there really any need to resort to that.

One positive (if it's possible) i will take from last night was Craig Duggan. I had heard that he was good as my brother had seen him play with CSN. Looks pacey and worked hard for the short time he was on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Finn Harps beat Ipswich 2-1 last night, :eek: anyone know what sort of team Ipswich had out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

doncarlos wrote: »
    You sacked a great manager last year and replaced him with a rubbish manager that only won the league by spending €3 million a year what did you think was going to happen?
    Don't forget when he did finally win the league shels were gone and the other main contenders were having problems too
    I dont know what Drogs fans think but for all the success they were never an attractive team to watch and creative players never flourished under him.

They hated him too. Apparently the board loved him there for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finn Harps beat Ipswich 2-1 last night, :eek: anyone know what sort of team Ipswich had out?

I know they had 5 or 6 irish players playing including Delaney. They only managed to score from a penalty as well.

The young harps keeper (gallagher i think) was training with them this morning according to the Ipswich website. He supposed to have played well enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

It was nice to win a trophy or two for once in our lives - but the price we paid was watching negative football and endless backpasses. Doolin kept falling out with players, and his love for Mad Dan Connor was as infuriating as it was inexplicable. We won the title in a league that was minus Shels and where Doolin signed a bunch of ex-Shels players by promising them wages we couldn't afford.

To be honest I'm enjoying watching this season's fight against relegation because at least we have players who are allowed to play football. Watching the shennanigans at Cork must be what it feels like when your bitch of an ex-wife remarries and makes someone else miserable.

Advertisement