Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Wexford town.. recommendations

Options
  • 02-07-2009 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    I'm heading to Wexford for a few days in mid August and wondering if anyone can recommend a reasonable, central hotel. Would want it to be at least 3-star or above.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

Whites or the Talbot are pretty central and are meant to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Many thanks

I'll check them both out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Whites or the Talbot are pretty central and are meant to be good.

Whites is a lot nicer if there isn't much of a price difference.

You may see four stars beside the Talbot, but don't believe it. Nice staff and good service, but the rooms aren't four star.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

OH Deffo Whites, been recently refurbed and yer not gonna get a more central location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

I was also going to say Whites.... Stayed there 6 or 7 times. Very nice hotel.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone. I checked out talbots and Whites online and Talbots seemed to have the better deal - 180e per room for the 2 nights, only when I clicked to book it was 180e per person in the room!

So Whites it is... am booking it this morning after speaking with my friend last night. She said there is a deal on for mid-week 2 nights and a dinner thrown in.

What would be the best bars/pubs to go to? We're in our mid-30s so not really interested in clubs. We'll be there a wed and thur night.

Thanks for all your replies :)

What would be the best bars/pubs to go to? We're in our mid-30s so not really interested in clubs. We'll be there a wed and thur night.

Anywhere but the Stores.

Anywhere but the Stores.

OK, will make a note of that.

Got a great deal online at Whites - 218euro for the 2 of us for 2 nights - no dinner though, which is fine. I'd prefer to suss out where to eat when we are out and about during the day!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

OK, will make a note of that.

Got a great deal online at Whites - 218euro for the 2 of us for 2 nights - no dinner though, which is fine. I'd prefer to suss out where to eat when we are out and about during the day!

Thanks!

Well, the Stores is a nightclub and will be jammed so that's a given.

There are some good pubs in that general area, particularly Monck Street, but the north end of town is where the nightclubs are and if you're looking for a more laid back scene then avoid it.

I like the Sky and the Ground at the bottom of South Main Street (basically the opposite end), nice pub, can have a chat and still there's good music/a good atmosphere.

There's plenty of nice places to eat, check out The Yard if you can, lovely place for dinner.

Well, the Stores is a nightclub and will be jammed so that's a given.

There are some good pubs in that general area, particularly Monck Street, but the north end of town is where the nightclubs are and if you're looking for a more laid back scene then avoid it.

I like the Sky and the Ground at the bottom of South Main Street (basically the opposite end), nice pub, can have a chat and still there's good music/a good atmosphere.

There's plenty of nice places to eat, check out The Yard if you can, lovely place for dinner.

Thank you so much :)

I actually googled restaurants the other day and The Yard - came up, looks fantastic! Will definitely be going there.

Thanks for the tips on bars... the Sky and the Ground sounds like just what I'm looking for - thank you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement