Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography Open Day

• 02-07-2009 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

Got a few emails from the Institute of Photography and Canon over the last few days about a Free Photography Open Day at Killruddery House this Saturday (4th July) in Bray.

Seems like the Open Day is to launch a new photography competition to take photos of Killruddery House or something.

More info on the Open Day and competition is online at http://www.iop.ie/killruddery/index.htm

Anybody thinking of going?
    Shutter Speed:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Just down the road from me, I'll probably pop down for a look.

you're link's not working for me though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Seems like a great competition.Nice prizes too.link works for me btw!

Yea it's working now. I heard about it in the paper the other day actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Samuisue

Thanks for the notice.
    I'll be there with bells on, regardless of the awful weather prediction :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Did anyone got the free pass from their website, I tried it 3 times with different email addresses and emailed afterwards, but didn't hear back from them.
    Does anyone know if you can just show up tomorrow?

• Advertisement

This is all I got:

"Thank you for registering for the Free Open Day in Killruddery Gardens. The Open Day will run from 12.30pm to 6pm on Saturday the 4th of July. Please print out this email as your Free Pass and present it at the gate to Killruddery Gardens.

A map of how to get to Killruddery is available here http://www.killruddery.com/visitor_information.htm
    . You might print it out also and bring it with you as I won't be able to take 'phone calls on the day from people who are lost :-)

See you at the Open Day,

cheers

Dave McKane"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Thanks for the tip @Shutter speed. Wasn't sure if 'll make it but went there for the last two hours and it was just brilliant.
    @mdebets Hope you went, as they didn't check my mail when I arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

got my mails after all (I think I had 4 or 5 free passes). I think it was a problem with my mail.

I went and had a good few hours there. I was a little bit disappointed about the Canon stand (they didn't had a 5D Mk II and the lens selection was rather poor), but I think my bank account was happy for that.:D

Now I just have to process my shoots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I got the mail twice even though I applied only once. Whatever.
    Didn't look at the stand. Don't have spare money at the moment anyway. And I was glad to have the time to just walk around with my camera. Last (and first) time I was there it was for a concert so I didn't have my camera with me.
    Luckily I don't really do postprocessing. But as I took far too many pictures it will take a while to decide:o

Advertisement