Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this racist?

Options
  • 02-07-2009 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

"I never used to, but now I do. Dont' know why, maybe it's cos I've been with a *white girl now. They just seem more 'there' solid and sexy and earthy, stronger presence. Hard to explain."

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055609295

now substitute 'white' for 'black'.

from the OP's post he is clearly saying black girls are better than white girls. i pointed out that it was a racist thing to say.(and got a 2week ban from terry)

"Any other guys find them really desirable? I often wonder why its more often dark guys and white women than vice versa but the reverse is beginning to occur.

I dunno if it's some mysterious genetic or breeding thing but I just think they are so much more desirable generally, and I can't really fathom why, besides mystery and sensuality. Is this common?

I never used to, but now I do. Dont' know why, maybe it's cos I've been with a black girl now. They just seem more 'there' solid and sexy and earthy, stronger presence. Hard to explain."
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Agreed.

And not only that, but also sexist.

IMO a completely pointless and immature post that should be closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

im surprised myself it didnt get locked, how can i get a 2week ban for pointing out racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You didn't point out racism, you called someone a racist. There is a difference.

Example 1. "I think you'll find that what you posted is actually racism" - Attacking the post - No ban

Example 2. "Racist" - Attacking the poster - Ban

You're ban while maybe not justified by you is deserved because of your wording. What you said might be right but the charter states, "attack the post, not the poster"

My advice: Take the ban and revise your posting style to suit the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Think you were banned for using the R word. Perhaps it is construed as personal abuse.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have to say i think is a shockingly racist thread but i suppose its no different to the hundreds "polish women are better irish women; irish women are dogs etc." threads.

you OP you would have been better off just reporting the post. you have to be careful in AH, its a jungle out there :)

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    You didn't point out racism, you called someone a racist. There is a difference.

Example 1. "I think you'll find that what you posted is actually racism" - Attacking the post - No ban

Example 2. "Racist" - Attacking the poster - Ban

You're ban while maybe not justified by you is deserved because of your wording. What you said might be right but the charter states, "attack the post, not the poster"

My advice: Take the ban and revise your posting style to suit the forum.

racist= thats a racist thing to say. i didnt feel like typing a full sentence as i was barely awake after taking my sleeping tablet, that was the last post i made before i fell asleep. if i call a racist a racist how would that be a problem?

"attack the post, not the poster" means if you cant debate with a poster dont start flaming them, i pointed out that the thread was racist, it is racist, how am i wrong?

Example 1. "I think you'll find that what you posted is actually racism" -

this thread is called 'is this racist', not 'is this racism'

You didn't point out racism
    i quoted the OP's racist text in his thread, that is pointing it out

My apologies, considering this is feedback I presumed this thread was a debate about whether or not you deserved the ban.

I don't think you are allowed start threads here to discuss something that is being discussed somewhere else just because you are banned from there.

My apologies, considering this is feedback I presumed this thread was a debate about whether or not you deserved the ban.

I don't think you are allowed start threads here to discuss something that is being discussed somewhere else just because you are banned from there.

??

• Advertisement

??
    confused?

looks like we are on the same page.

Whats the purpose of this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I actually came here looking to defend you OP as I thought you were being sarcastic and got banned for making a joke, which I thought may have been a bit harsh (but I don't know your posting history in AH either) I am a bit shocked to see that you do think it is actually racist.

He is stating a personal preference based on skin colour and defining features. Everyone has physical preferences when it comes to potential partners

Or what do you think skin colour should be treated differently than other physical features.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Vegeta wrote: »
    I actually came here looking to defend you OP as I thought you were being sarcastic and got banned for making a joke, which I thought may have been a bit harsh (but I don't know your posting history in AH either) I am a bit shocked to see that you do think it is actually racist.

He is stating a personal preference based on skin colour and defining features. Everyone has physical preferences when it comes to potential partners

Or what do you think skin colour should be treated differently than other physical features.
    +1 to that. I thought the OP was joking and also that Terry was joking about the ban. It's not racist. It's just a preference. I'm more attracted to women than to men. Am I sexist?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

If you think its racist, then please report the post.

After last week, you are simply back here stirring, trying to make some sort of vague point over your own banning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement