Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on New Setup

• 02-07-2009 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm going ditching Sky, basically all I watch is sports with Premiership football the majority of that and with these tough times its no longer cost effective.

I have a Humax Freesat box that does the kids and the wife for most of their needs. I'm looking for a fairly decent PVR, that can provide me with an upto date English(preferably) EPG and a Sports subscription for the coming season.

If this isn't ok to talk about this topic here feel free to edit or delete as necessary mods. Does anyone know which is the best value Sports Subscription out there for the coming football season, Digitalb or ART etc. Where would one go about getting these cards and paying the subscription? Is there any other English language channels available within these subscriptions or are they all "foreign" with just english commentary on the football.

I live in Limerick and have only the standard Sky mini-dish with a quad LNB will I also need to upgrade this or will it suffice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

check out the thread below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055599015

for a decent twin tuner PVR motorised dish etc its not going to be cheap.

After initial setup it will be more cost effective.

None of your sky equiptment is really any good for foriegn subscriptions, although your dish may be ok for certain packages from hotird 13 east (Al jazeera/art/cyfra/polsat)

If art have same coverage as last year then it will be a cheap option along with Al jazeera card as well.

Ive ditched digitalb this season and have gone with cyfra+ (HD), Al jazeera and possibly art. English commantary is not important for me as i sync up five live from Astra 2 (Sky satellite) through a laptop.

You would be bext to keep your sky dish up and use that for FTA UK TV/Radio then have a second larger dish up (80cm minimum) for other stuff

Advertisement