Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

citezenship - rights when born

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

yes - but my point is if i do not want the right to be ''forced'' into being a citezen of a state

is that a fair ''right'' to have?
    rights are usually good things - things you would/do agree too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭simplistic

Very interesting topic here lets look at the facts and try and find the truth.Please no emotional responses.

We live on a big chunk of rock known to us as Ireland. Fact

There is a piece of paper called the constitution. Fact

This piece of paper says

ARTICLE 2
    The island of Ireland entirely, along with its islands and its bordering/territorial seas, is the national territories/territory.

and the state claims:

ARTICLE 10.2
    Every land and every mine, mineral, and water which belonged to the Irish Free State immediately before the coming into operation of this Constitution (they) all belong to the State to the extent that they belonged to the Irish Free State at that time.

So the State claims to own the land.

Problem 1, the sate is a fiction its not real. Fact why?

Ask somebody to point to "the state" or if your in court for an offence against the state see what happens when you call the state into the witness box. So in objective reality there is no state.:eek:

So on this piece of paper called the constitution a fiction is claiming to own the land. Ohhh I get it the constitution is a contract between everybody that lives on this land to follow its guidelines therefore we all own the land.

Wait contract??? I didnt put my signature on that! And here are the elements to a valid contract :

An intention to create legal relations
    Consensus ad idem (meeting of the minds including full disclosure)
    Contractual capacity of both parties
    Valuable consideration
    Binding Signatures of both parties.

So if the constitution is a contract am I bound to it? No of course not are you bound to live in your house your granddad built?

So the question can you renounce your citizenship? I say when were you ever a citizen?:confused:

Advertisement