Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat marking his territory

Options
  • 02-07-2009 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Two cats, male and female, two year old.

Female is homely and spends equal time in and out. Male however is a pest indoors, never stays easy, has shredded every bit of furniture he can shred, ends up being kicked outside almost permanently.

Now in the last couple of days, he has started 'marking his territory,' little stains on the doors, the skirting boards, etc.

Why is he doing this, and how can I stop him? He will end up not being let in at all. The older he gets, the more bold and destructive he is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm guessing his not spayed, am I right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭paddyland

They both are spayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thats a strange one. Has something changed in the house recently ? His bedding , position of the furniture, position of his bed, maybe a new baby, another pet ?

Advertisement