Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Storms - Be careful !!!!

Options
  • 02-07-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Dear all,

Not often I send these types of things out but with the storms over the

last few nights it really makes you think...

With all the news on TV lately about the hurricanes that America is

experiencing, the typhoons in China, flooding in Switzerland and recent

mud slides in South America, we shouldn't forget that Ireland has its

share of devastating natural disasters too.

Attached is a photo illustrating the damage caused to my uncle's home

from the storms that occured over the last few nights.

It really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take

things for granted.

Do take care of yourself and be safe.......

Damage2_1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Thanks for chairing that with us ! Tis sad when you lose someone from the decking ! Perhaps if you ring the coastguard they might find survivors in the greenery yonder !

Its not too often that a chairoplane crashed with such devestation !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

It obviously didnt happen in Dublin or rte would have sent a camera crew out:rolleyes:

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    It obviously didnt happen in Dublin or rte would have sent a camera crew out:rolleyes:

Wood they knot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Anyone else notice the huge chunk of decking that was ripped up!!! Terrible altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Jaysus... It's like a miniature Katrina...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

You may need grief or major trauma counselling to cope with this event.

Watch for the signs of Post Traumatic Stress - they are many different ways it can present itself.

Be vigilant in the coming months.

There is always the alternative conspiracy theory that the chair just had too much to drink , fell over and hit the deck !

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

dak wrote: »
    There is always the alternative conspiracy theory that the chair just had too much to drink , fell over and hit the deck !

A potent mixture of rainwater and alcohol was found in the chair's system from toxicology reports carried out by the CSI Furniture squad.

fobster wrote: »
    A potent mixture of rainwater and alcohol was found in the chair's system from toxicology reports carried out by the CSI Furniture squad.

Excellent work ! MFI cief advisor collaborates this after extruding all the evidence. Not a polymer was left unturned ! There is just the question of what turned the snow white bum holders to their current colour . Did the Blu-ray of death reach out and contribute to the death of this chair or was there acid rain in the uncles storm ! Did a man from Uncle arrive ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

FFS it was a drop of rain with some thunder n lightening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

john47832 wrote: »
    FFS it was a drop of rain with some thunder n lightening

Think about the chair, soaked, alone, defenceless, on its side, in the monsoon.

Would you want one of your own items of furniture to go through a traumatic ordeal such as this? This chair will bear mental scars for the rest of its plasticated existence. That is a fate I would not wish on any chair.

Lighten up it's Friday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Moment of silence please...for... the chair....
    He lived a good life. Always full of laughter and fun. It seemed to shine a vibrent green even on the darkest of days. He was a comfort to the weak and weary. This chair shall be remember as a good friend to all who knew him.
    :p

The voluptuous blonde entered the dentist's office in an obvious state of agitation. She sat down in the chair and fidgeted nervously as the dentist prepared his utensils.

"Oh, doctor," she exclaimed, as he prepared to look into her mouth, "I'm so afraid of dentists. Why, I think I'd rather have a baby than have a tooth drilled."

"Well, miss," said the dentist impatiently, "better make up your mind before I adjust the chair."

Chairman!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgLfILWCCVY&NR=1

Advertisement