Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour's dog off leash and bullying cat

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 HowAreYeGettinO

As an aside do you allow your cat to roam freely, because it sounds as if you do as your cat was free in your unsecured garden?
    No. Even if we did want her to roam, she wouldn't, she's a house-cat and a nervous one at that (afraid of people, pets, you name it). She'll go out the back garden for 5/10 minutes twice a day, and we watch her when she's out. She has yet to arrive back with a bird or a mouse, and is so fat that she's very unlikely to catch either.
    If so it probably goes into other people's properties and they may not like that either?
    I take your point, but we've had no complaints about her whatsoever and haven't seen her up to anything dodgy. The back of our garden and one of the two sides have a wall and fence respectively that are too high for her to jump. She can go over the other side into our immediate neighbours' garden, but that house is a holiday home that in only used for a few days a couple of times a year. And when they're there she's scared of them, doesn't go into their garden etc.

As cats go she's pretty harmless tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

iguana wrote: »
    If someone makes a harassment claim they have a duty to deal with it. Would they prosecute? No. But they would have to look into it and talk to the OP. Following someone in the car, then sitting in the car and waiting for her to approach before getting out is creepy. The dog owner had avoided the house that her dog runs into so it was not going to be a problem for the OP again that evening. As a dog owner I don't think the OP's neighbour is behaving correctly but she was very possibly not walking past the OP's house in order to stop her dog from going on his property. But the OP drove after her, even when she didn't come near his house. That's really not ok and she could have been left feeling scared or intimidated.

If you made that complaint and told them what happened you would be told to let them know if it happened again and gently ushered out the door and told to make sure it doesn't bump you on the way out. The dog owner wasn't followed by the car the car drove past them stopped and somone got out. Happens all day every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

(It's a detached house, we don't have side-gates, and their dog is not on a lead.)

Why not get a side gate?

If it is not this dog, it will be another dog. Or a stray etc.

Probably best all round to get a side gate for your poor little moggy.

amdublin wrote: »
    Why not get a side gate?

If it is not this dog, it will be another dog. Or a stray etc.

Probably best all round to get a side gate for your poor little moggy.

Ps. I am a cat lady too, I'd hate if dogs were able to get into my back garden. That is why I have a side gate.

Also, this would stop arguments between you and your neighbour and you would not have to harrass your neighbour to keep the dog on a lead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

HowareyegettingO, i'd call the council's dog warden if i were you, dog owners who give their dogs free roam around an estate are ignorant and irresponsible idiots IMOyeah i had my own experience with what the OP said, except it nvolved two well-trained sheepdogs chasing after me barking like feckin cerberus:eek:ripping my jeans and biting me in the leg - the whole thing took place on a public green space (found in EVERY estate in dublin!)i got off my bike and started going door to door making enquiries as to who owned those dogs - got the owners address, went to his door, told him what happened and got nothing but complete denial - the f**ker opened with a simple "SO?WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?"well obviously keep your dogs in the back garden, idiot i then just gave up and walked of, i'm ashamed to say, i was just so taken aback at the owner's rottenness and ignorance - rang the dog warden and i hope some action has been taken;anyhoo to wrap this up your husband was absolutely right, confronted the b*itch head on and laid down the law to her force is the only language these idiots understand:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

HowareyegettingO, i'd call the council's dog warden if i were you, dog owners who give their dogs free roam around an estate are ignorant and irresponsible idiots rottenness and ignorance :

Yes, probably better to call the dog warden rather then track your neighbours down on the streets and confront them in a very OTT manner. Probably would be less scary for the dog owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

to wrap this up your husband was absolutely right, confronted the b*itch head on and laid down the law to her force is the only language these idiots understand:mad:

Nice........

Advertisement