Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Date/Time Canon 500D

• 02-07-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I am loosing the date and time when changing the battery in a new Canon 500D. I take it that this is not the normal behaviour.
    Any ideas?

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

MarkoF wrote: »
    I am loosing the date and time when changing the battery in a new Canon 500D. I take it that this is not the normal behaviour.
    Any ideas?

M

Yea becuase the main battery I don't think keeps the time it should be one of those smaller circle batteries!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MarkoF

Thanks for the advice.
    Where is the internal Date/Time battery in the 500D?
    I looked in the battery compartment and I can't find any mention of of it in the manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

MarkoF wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice.
    Where is the internal Date/Time battery in the 500D?
    I looked in the battery compartment and I can't find any mention of of it in the manual.

It should be in the main battery compartment... It was on my old 350D anyway.. not so sure about my 5D though. If its in there it should me like a really small door you can pull out.

I reckon google will give you the answer fairly quickly!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Yeah you should be able to remove your standard Batt from the battery slot and then where the flat side of your battery was you will have a clip with a finger grip surface which you can slide back out of the camera..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MarkoF

It looks as if the battery compartment has been redesigned since the advent of the 450D and is now not a user replaceable part:(

The camera is brand new and looks like it will have to go back to Warehouse Express for replacement.

Other than this issue, it's a superb DSLR - much less noisy at high ISO than the 400D.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement